Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ali_and_Poppy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2010, 08:40 PM

Why is my dog shaking and being sick?

Hi guys,

I'm writing this on behalf of my mum who has a 7 year old Westie and we are just looking for a bit of advice....

She is currently taking steriods - 'Predmecare' due to a condition with her paws and has been taking this for about a week and has been fine up until tonight.

She has been sick several times and brought all her food back up and is shaking often. She won't settle down at all but has been drinking quite a lot of water.

If anyone could give any advice we would be really grateful.

Thanks xx
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ali_and_Poppy View Post
Hi guys,

I'm writing this on behalf of my mum who has a 7 year old Westie and we are just looking for a bit of advice....

She is currently taking steriods - 'Predmecare' due to a condition with her paws and has been taking this for about a week and has been fine up until tonight.

She has been sick several times and brought all her food back up and is shaking often. She won't settle down at all but has been drinking quite a lot of water.

If anyone could give any advice we would be really grateful.

Thanks xx
Hi everyone,
Ali is my sis and ive just had the same call from our mum. she is so worried about Bonnie. She has rung the emergency vets who have said to keep an eye on her and ask for a call out if she gets any worse.

She has been sick a couple of times but she is more worried because she is constantly shaking and wont settle. She went and sat outside on the grass and didnt want to come in.

Really worried about our little girl

If any one could offer any advice we would be very grateful

xxxxx
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2010, 09:07 PM
All i can think of is the possability of something stuck in her throut/digestive tract. maybe a bit of kibble or rawhide chew or even part of something she shuldn't eat (piece of doormat, or slipper for eg.) (my sisters dogs regulaly chew up her shoes. )
I know it's not nice, but try to see if anything comes up in the sick, The vet may have asked the same to see if a forein body is ejected or if the sick is odd in some way.
Does the neighbors use slug pellets? could the dog have eaten a poisond slug for egxample?

In the mean time just reasure the dog to minimise what must be very frightening for her.
Ali_and_Poppy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi Shani, Thanks for replying

Ive just spoken to my mum who said she has eaten some rawhide chews today so it could be a possibility.

She seems to have stopped being sick, we're just worried as she is still shaking My mum will be staying up with her tonight to keep an eye on her though and she hopefully will be better by tomorrow.

Thanks again xx
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Hi Shani, Thanks for replying

Ive just spoken to my mum who said she has eaten some rawhide chews today so it could be a possibility.

She seems to have stopped being sick, we're just worried as she is still shaking My mum will be staying up with her tonight to keep an eye on her though and she hopefully will be better by tomorrow.

Thanks again xx
She is still shaking and now wont come in, just sat in the garden :*(
Ali_and_Poppy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Awww noo poor bonnie let me know if you hear anything else! I'm really worried xx
Vickyd1987
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2010, 09:56 PM
I hope she is ok, and feels better soon, keep an eye on her and keep us updated on the little one
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Awww noo poor bonnie let me know if you hear anything else! I'm really worried xx
me too i've just offered to go and sit with them but mum said no. going to ring in half hour see if she's changed her mind.
poor little mite xxxx
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2010, 06:37 AM
How is she today?
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2010, 10:22 AM
she has been a bit sick this morning, but stopped shaking. Mum took her to the vets who gave her two jabs but I dont think they know exactly what it is.
She just cant get comfortable and doesnt want to be near anyone.
Were all really worried
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >