Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2024, 06:42 AM

Friday 10th May 2024

Morning all. Hope you all had a good day yesterday. Chris have you asked your eye people about drops? Sometimes they will advise on which ones to use. I am not a happy bunny as I had an email from my landlords agents saying he wants to increase my rent. Not happy mainly because they say from June. Surely as my tenancy agreement started in November when I moved in over three years ago that is when any increase should be from? Not June? Anyway I have queried it. What do all of you think? Right I must away and go wandering. Oh yes and Margaret did make it over and on an earlier bus. Made all the difference an extra hour to natter. Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2024, 08:15 AM
Good morning Brenda Please Margaret made it to yours yesterday. I don't know if this will help regarding your rent increasehttps://www.gov.uk/renting-out-a-property/rent-increases. Hope it works

Yes another lovey day. Teazle walked and a bit of time in the garden. Now for a coffee and then housework. School run this afternoon and then over to a friend's tonight for a good catchup.

Take care everyone
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2024, 10:07 AM
Good morning everyone.

Brenda Pleased Margaret made it over to you. Not up on rent as such but the link Sue has popped on may be helpful sure you aill get a response fom your agent maybe the increase is from June but our will be from the date of your lease? As long as it is still affordable but may nudgeyou to look for pet friendly. Have you asked if you could possible havea dog there? now you are an established good tennant?

Sue Like you a lovely day here as well. I am also off out latr to a friends for a catach up same tomorrow morning hopefully juat awaiting a response for time place?

Chris Sounds a good idea the eye drops, how is your "floater" almost gone? hopefully.

Lynn Hope your visitors arrived safely and you enjoyed the catch up.

Griff Hopely Steve playing the fair game and sorting out his debts and obligations. Hope his pup is doing well as well.

Well bit miffed here my kindle has died however when going into Amazon to look for a new one turns out I brought it in 2012 so maybe not bad going. So new kindle and cover on its way to me. Sure I will adapt, just on my way out now so catch you all later. Oh lovely meal out yesterday starter was beetroot & pumkinseed aranchni with rainbow cous cous salad, creamy chickpea hummus and a lovage pesto dressing it was smashing.

Catch you all later.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2024, 10:27 AM
Thanks Sue. I have looked at that this morning. I think they have me muddled up with someone else here. Just like they did when the agents took over from the old ones. Hey ho. It will sort itself out. Kazz no I can't have a dog here. Also can't really afford it now if the rent is going up. Never mind. I can live for another 10 years. lol!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2024, 11:02 AM
Afternoon all
Brenda, if your rent goes up and the money you have won't cover it, I am pretty sure you would be entitled to help? That's what my mum's ex friend was told when she moved into a place at £1000 a month for one bed flat....once her savings had dwindled ( house sale) then she would be entitled to housing benefit to help her stay there
Sue, enjoy your catch-up with your friend
Kazz, haven't had any money yet from Steve but I sent him several links for mental health etc....just got ignored. I told him he needs to see the Dr, his boss etc...ignored so I called him this morning, he was in his car so I asked if he was off?? Apparently it's a spread shift, he had apparently not been to work yesterday and the day before....he took time as leave, I have said he can't obviously continue like that and needs to help himself....he just said he is waiting for his counselling appointment but that could be another 6 months. I said that the way he spoke to me was disgusting and that he was yelling at me for a situation that was nothing to do with me....he obviously realises he behaved badly as he didn't argue back.
Molly, I hadn't messaged him to ask about her....I sound awful don't I? My mate said that I worry too much about her, he said this morning that he thought she had fleas....she does have a grass allergy but he doesn't know if it's flea's, I have got her some flea treatment and that will go to his house tomorrow. No matter what I think of Steve, I will always do right by Molly
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2024, 02:33 PM
Afternoon brenda, Sue, Kazz, griff and all to follow.
Another lovely day today so all the dog bedding washed dried and aired.
I have been to Bev's for a catch up which was nice.

brenda I hope the rent situation turns out in your favour. Glad Margaret turned up and you had an extra hour together.
Kazz that meal sounds delicious my type of combination.
Our guests did turn up and it was nice to see them.
Sue enjoy your catch up.
griff. I hope Steve soon gets himself sorted.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2024, 10:24 PM
KINDLE UPDATE

Kindle has been despatched collection point Sat 11.5.2024 YEAH