Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 10:32 AM

Finally cracked the raw liver!

finally after a year on raw, ive managed to now get the dogs to eat raw liver and kidney i cooked it off a bit to start with as they wouldnt eat it, so they have gone from fully cooked, to a less cooked, to flash fried, to raw. yey. makes it so much easier, now i can just cut it up, no faffing about with it all.

my question is now this. now i know they eat it raw on its own, can i do one meal a week of liver and kidney? rather than add a bit to each meal? that would make it even easier for me.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 05:00 PM
anyone??
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Hi would have thought a whole meal of raw liver and kidney would upset their stomachs. Could you perhaps increase it gradually and see how they cope with it.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 06:01 PM
well i did think that, but what if they had the liver meal for breakfast and then a bone meal for tea so it balances it out?
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 07:43 PM
I usually feed his liver portion split over two different days (a few days apart, say Tues and Fri) and I feed bone in the same meal such as chicken wings to stop loose stools. Unsure how this would work with such small dogs as their meals are smaller. Maybe a little liver and one wing? Kidney doesn't loosen his stools so he usually has his kidney portion in one go.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Jake always gets his liver in one meal. He gets liver on a Monday, and then kidney on a Friday. I like to give him them quite far apart, and with a bone meal later the same day (usually a chicken carcass).
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2011, 08:30 AM
see i thought that, give one meal of liver, then the same day give bone in another meal.

trying to do a bone and offal meal all together is so much messing about, because they only need so little in a meal. so it would mean having to re arrange every meal as id have to feed more bone meals if they only had the one wing etc, which means switching around when they had mince, tripe, and fish.