Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2010, 03:34 PM

You or Your dog 1st?????

I was in A&E last night for 3 hours (another story) anyway in the X-ray dept was a woman with her daughter and grandaughter (all adults) like with alot of people the woman obviously wanted everyone to know what had happened and on her middle finger was a dog bite wound and as far as I could see it was one hole. Anyway story goes (between them but for all to hear) it was a Greyhound that bit her this Greyhound was mentioned numerous times with several comments of what needed to happen to it
It went on that this Greyhound had attacked her 'poor bessie' which was this womans dog. After hearing about poor bessie for quite awhile the grandaughter starts making calls off her mobile to (I pressume) other family members, and the story to them is how Nan was walking Bessie and this Greyhound attacked, it got bessie by the neck and tore its ear which is nearly torn through, Bessie was ragged about by the Greyhound like a rag doll etc etc.,

The ending of the conversation was Nan is having her finger x-rayed and they will see to it then tomorrow we'll take bessie to the vets Nans stuck a plaster on her ear

Now If that were me I'd of thought sod the bite on my finger...............and gone to the vets first.
Maybe as it was out of hours....human A&E is free Vets are Not
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2010, 03:40 PM
I would have done the same as you! Dog would have been straight to the vets, then my finger sorted.....

Silly woman
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Definitely my dogs first! I'm not bothered about myself as long as my furry kids are ok!!
Typical though.....animals coming second again.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
I would have done the same as you! Dog would have been straight to the vets, then my finger sorted.....

Silly woman
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Definitely my dogs first! I'm not bothered about myself as long as my furry kids are ok!!
Typical though.....animals coming second again.
Thank god it wasn't just me then, I was beginning to think maybe Im a mad dog lady
The bit for me would of been hit with salt(ouch), and I'd of rushed off to the vets with my dog
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Well if that conversation is to be believed the dog seemed in a lot worse state than the woman was and should of had priority over her. My dog would always come first unless my hand was falling off then someone else would have too deal with him he certainly wouldn't be left till the next day with injures like that.

Sounds like a bit of an exaggeration.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2010, 03:47 PM
I probably wouldn't have bothered with A&E for myself at all but if Rupe was injured he'd be at the vets ASAP.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Well if that conversation is to be believed the dog seemed in a lot worse state than the woman was and should of had priority over her. My dog would always come first unless my hand was falling off then someone else would have too deal with him he certainly wouldn't be left till the next day with injures like that.

Sounds like a bit of an exaggeration.
I did wonder that Lynn, afterwards my FS was talking about it whilst we were waiting and I was (fingers crossed) saying to him, perhaps it was made up......if it wasn't ....poor Bessie indeed
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
I probably wouldn't have bothered with A&E for myself at all but if Rupe was injured he'd be at the vets ASAP.
Last dog bit I had I couldn;t be bothered with A&E either.
My dog would come 1st though
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2010, 04:06 PM
ty would have been straight to the vets, then dealt with myself afterwards, does sound though like it could have been a bit of an exagaration(sp) if she could fit a plaster over the wound it couldnt have been as bad as she was making it out to be, but if it was then yes poor bessie indeed
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Dogs would come first everytime....!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Dog first for me too!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >