Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2017, 07:11 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 11 July.

Good morning all.

Harvey sorry to hear Casey is having troubles with his leg but good to know Lara is on the mend.

Kazz, so sorry about Buster not improving. Hope he will soon turn the corner and be back bursting with energy again, poor little chap.

Griff congratulations on the gold, makes it all worthwhile.

I hope June is feeling better and will soon be back amongst us and all her girls are doing ok.

Mandy glad you are improving slowly, hope you will soon feel the benefit of your new hip.

Nippy Jen, hope you and Brian are doing ok, take care.

Have a good day all not so warm this morning. Made me want to stay in bed longer. Stay warm and dry and above all SAFE and well everyone, God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Good morning Moyra
Well, my brother has put an offer in on his second home...should find out in the next couple of days if he has got it or not..he's getting his second home and i can't even afford to rent one Lol. I am off to see my cousin today and true to form...it's raining!!! my hair will turn into a frizz bomb again
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Good morning Moyra, Griff and all who follow

Enjoy your meet up Griff and who cares if your hair is a frizz bomb you will still look beautiful.

Hugs to Buster and you Kazz and also your mum. He could not wish for a better home and knows he is safe

Pleased Lara is a little better Harvey but for Case do hope his leg improves quickly.

Don't go mad on your hip Mandy it won't be that long before you are running around like mad.

Hope the delivery of oil arrives early for you on Thursday Lynn. It would really seem that the management don't care and the poor girl has to deal with everything. Has Mark had his interview yet and if so how did it got? Fingers crossed if he still has to go for it.

Dull and a bit cooler here today. Dug up some more potatoes, yum. I have one runner bean nearly ready to pick but that wont go far Little ones forming and plant of flowers so hopefully a good crop.

Teazle given a good bill of health yesterday and also a lecture on feeding raw chicken wings though the vet had to admit she was in good hard condition so I must be doing something right! Said she wished more owners looked after their pets teeth like I have as she didn't believe that she was 7yrs as her teeth are so good. Also a lecture on microchipping her. Said she had been done at 7 weeks and not my fault if you don't have it on your computer

Hope everyone is keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Lol at your one runner bean Sue...who will get to eat it? hahaha, vets seem to have an issue with feeding raw, one of the nurse at our vets raw feeds and my vet is pretty good about things, he is fine with chicken wings but advised against larger bones...mind, after the marrowbone debarcle i won't go anywhere near a large bone Lol....bought Kota a marrowbone off the buthcer, i being virtually vegan ended up sat on the floor trying to encourage the dog to eat it, i had to cut it in half and all sorts, my carpet got covered in blood too Lol
awww thanks, i just want my hair to stay straight...for a change, there's about a can of hairspray on it Lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
vets seem to have an issue with feeding raw,
They also don't like it when you give cooked, so since my wife insists on cooking the turkey wings, I have to then cut all the meat off and throw away the bones. Also I've been told that since Lara is a bit overweight (maybe partly down to her lung infection and not being very active) she must not get any skin or fat

So the turkey wings we buy by weight from the butcher (in bulk) about half end up in the bin

Just waiting to hear from the vets that I can go and pick up Casey, was warned that more clipping might be required and he won't look very pretty well he ain't a 'show' dog and I don't mind what he looks like so long as he's healthy and happy.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Afternoon everyone.
griff congratulations on the gold and of course the doglets to.
Hope the rain stayed away.
Sue vets always have something to say about raw feeding whether that be full on or part raw maybe it is because they seem healthier and do not need so many vet visits.
Kazz hoping Buster is doing ok today and you and your mum.
Harvey glad lara is now on the mend sorry to hear about Casey and his leg again.

We had some rain yesterday evening and it is raining on and off now to. Gardens need it. hopefully if it is raining where Sue is her other runner beans will catch up with the singleton.
Mark has his meeting with the area manager at some point today I think there will need to be a lot of incentives for him to take the position and remain longer than he was first intending. Just wait and see now.

All housework done and shower and hair wash just doing some lunch. Going o give Dillon a piriton he is driving me nuts worrying round one of his front paws nibbling and licking. I have prodded and poked and he doesn't wince or moan, he is weight bearing to so wondering if there is something in our grass or when out that irritates.
No problem bouncing around for a game or going for walks. He gets a bit obsessive about things so can itch can turn major for him.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Afternoon all. So sorry to hear about all poorlys, doglets, pusscat and humans problems. Hope all get better soon. Have been sorting out holiday stuff. I know it isn't for quite a few weeks yet but I do like to know where I am with taxis, trains etc. Excited because we're now traveling up and back on the sleeper. Other news I am moving the computer to back downstairs so it will be much easier to do stuff than on tablet. It has its uses but computer is easier for complicated things. Also will be downstairs more with Tyto as he is finding the stairs going down at times a problem. Hate being away from him. Have a good afternoon peeps. Wish me luck moving this computer stand.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Hello all,
Glad I reminded folk about how nice sausage sandwiches are
My friend fetched me this morning so we can go for breakfast, really enjoyed it.
I got up quite achey today, just going to be one of those days
Lauryn is ironing for me, she said me showing her is giving her life skills bless her, she's been so good to me
Rosie is not liking today's weather cos it's raining, so she's sulking lol
Well done in the gold Griff, you have clever doggies
Hope All poorly dogs and people are feeling ok today
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Afternoon all. So sorry to hear about all poorlys, doglets, pusscat and humans problems. Hope all get better soon. Have been sorting out holiday stuff. I know it isn't for quite a few weeks yet but I do like to know where I am with taxis, trains etc. Excited because we're now traveling up and back on the sleeper. Other news I am moving the computer to back downstairs so it will be much easier to do stuff than on tablet. It has its uses but computer is easier for complicated things. Also will be downstairs more with Tyto as he is finding the stairs going down at times a problem. Hate being away from him. Have a good afternoon peeps. Wish me luck moving this computer stand.
Good luck with the removals and please go careful but you will have a happy Tyto
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Do take it careful Brenda, don't go doing yourself an injury!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >