Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 05:22 PM

Magic on my shoulder (cockatoo!)

Hey,

Magic my parrot was being SO cute today, he was all cuddly and chatty and was being really sweet when i'd put him on my shoulder so i thought i'd take some pics and decided to post some up here!! As he was sat on me i had to just point the camera and hope for the best so i couldn't see what i was taking a picture of so they're not brilliant quality pictures but you can see how adorable he is so they'll do

Anyway, here's one of him sat looking all important.. Except for where i'd messed up his hair-do!

And some cute pics:

(dont ask why his heads like that )

This is one of my favourites.. He puts his head like that so he's looking at you then says 'hello gorgeous!'

As you can see he's VERY tame, though he hates my dogs!! He panics and screams and flaps his wings if they even walk near him! He's so cute!!

Jessica
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 05:28 PM
wot great pics
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2005, 05:30 PM
brilliant pics
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 06:03 PM
lovely pics jessica
he is really coming on well now isn,t he
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks

Jackie - yes, he's doing really well. I think his feathers have grown back as much as they're going to but that doesn't bother me at all, he'd be beautiful with no feathers at all to me!! Over the last couple of months he seems to have suddenly picked up a LOT of new words too which at 10 years old i think is fairly unusual. I guess he must be feeling settled and happy here so he's talking more. He was at the rescue centre for three months before i had him and apparently he didn't speak a word in all that time!! I think they just need one-on-one attention.. Magic did at least
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 06:33 PM
I love his colors!!! There are some really beautiful birds here at Dogweb
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 06:38 PM
is a cockatoo the same as a parrot? are they really noisy like cockateals? is that wot they r called those small noisy birds?
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2005, 06:39 PM
He looks a real character, great pics.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 06:49 PM
that is great news jessica

he must be so relaxed having a loving family like yours around him,glad he is picking up new words too
if you think about it 10 is not very old for a cockatoo

george is 35 years old and the guy who had him before us said he never ever spoke,now he don,t shut up lol
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Jenny - A cockatoo is a kind of parrot. Like a macaw or conure etc. They're different species of parrot. Cockatoos are notoriously loud!! Apparently a Molluccan Cockatoo (a big pink expensive one, not Magic!lol) has been recorded to be able to scream almost as loud as the noise a 747 makes taking off!! Check out this link : http://www.mytoos.com/noise/noise.html Now that is loud!! Luckily Magic is a little angel and very rarely makes any noise, unless he's upset by something or if he feels he's being ignored! He actually doesn't even talk about a whispers, he's so sweet

Jackie - I guess Magic isn't old for a cockatoo but as he's got a much shorter life expectancy than most toos i always feel like he's old, bless him! Is George your Amazon? I've never had one of those, aren't they supposed to be almost as good as Greys when it comes to talking? What sort of things can he say? At the moment Magic's vocabulary is limited to about 5 or 6 phrases that he mixes up to make sentences, but apparently for a Galah thats quite good!
I think Magic just appreciated the attention he gets now, he was quite badly neglected and from what we've been told he was only taken to the rescue centre because the owner wasn't able to sell him! He was always tame but its only recently he's become so cute and cuddly! I can do anything with him now, its really sweet!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >