Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2005, 04:01 PM

GOOD NEWS...AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!

15 months ago we had a minor scrape in our car.We were approaching a roundabout and had slowed almost to a stop when the car in the other lane cut across and hit us.We checked the cars and the only damage a slight scratch to the passenger side door of their car where they had hit our wing mirror.
We exchanged details and went on our way.Nothing more was said until we wnet to change insurance companies when they told us we had a claim against us ...the woman(a Dr) was claiming we had hit her ,had smashed her wing and 2 doors and she had WHIPLASH!!!!
Its taken all this time to sort...but we found out today its been sorted IN OUR FAVOUR!!
We have 3 motor insurances running....and all the time this has been ongoing we have had to pay extra on 2 of them because it meant my hubbys no claims were invalid!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Thats good news Archwer :smt041

And what nerve that woman have had
You should have seen if you could find witnesses, but no one expects such a behavior from anyone I suppose.

I´m glad that it turned out in your farvour :smt023
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-01-2005, 04:51 PM
thats brilliant news Archer
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

12-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Good news........
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Well done you were luck,some idiot woman came up behind me when I was reversing into a space in a car park and I broke her light and she said not to worry it was her fault, she was on her own and in a hurry..thought no more about it till I got a letter from her insurers saying she and the WITNESS WHO WAS IN HER CAR said it was my fault In the end my insurance had to pay... was only £90 I was so angry she nearly lost two more lights
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2005, 07:12 PM
OOOhhh it makes you mad !!!!
I know how you feel..a few years ago i'd borrowed M-I -L's BMW to drop kids off at school. I was waiting behind a land rover when it reversed into my car. I got out and we exchanged addresses cause he said he couldn't remember his insurance company Anyway to cut a long story he didn't have insurance and because i felt sorry for him i said get some insurance and we'll say the accident happened at a later time(more fool me )anyway I went round the next day and he'd claimed the accident was my fault Bless my M-I-L she had him right there and then...called the police and produced the only wiotness to the accident If onbly he'ds just got insurance and was not greedy he would have got away with it...needless to say he had to pay for the damage and he was lucky the police didn't charge him
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2005, 09:19 PM
The thing is when they get caught out for driving with no insurance or license the y just gat a fine....which costs them less than the insurance would have...so wheres the incentive? or punishment!!!!!!!!!!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2005, 10:12 PM
its so good to hear of a story turning out the right way for once its normally the good law abiding people who get penalised
kudge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-01-2005, 10:50 PM
3 years ago someone came flying out of a side road and took two doors and the back panel off my car and pushed me into oncoming traffic, he tried to say I flashed lights to let him out, my witness in the car behind me was the most wonderful off duty policeman.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2005, 01:34 AM
yeah but when you flash your lights your only saying im here. i law it does not mean i am letting you out so i dont think he had a leg to stand on any way (happend to OH friends)
glad it was sorted for all of you
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >