Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 07:12 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Hope everyone has stayed save in that atrocious weather yesterday. It was very bad here, and we even made the national news, including Sky News last night, when somebody had managed to capture some of the cliffs coming down at Rock O'Noire, which is the Old Town of Hastings at the end of the seafront. The seafront kind of ends there with a big car park, and the harbour wall, and you can actually walk along the beach there underneath those cliffs, but I won't be doing that in the near future.

Anyway, the week-end is here, let's hope none of you will be mopping up.

Catch you all later, only just got up here, so don't have much else to say yet
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 07:20 AM
Morning H & all

I saw the fall on the news, thought it was prob in Dorset. That was a lot of rock that fell.

We had weird weather yesterday, one minute it was heavy rain then sunshine and also thunderstorms in short succession. It's pouring here atm.

Only working a half day today so it will be more leisurely. I am in sorting mode at home and at work, must be the new year effect!

Have a lovely day all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 07:32 AM
Morning Gerry, shame you have to work, but it's only a half day which is good. I was in cupboard clearing out mode yesterday, it feels good knowing everything is in order in the cupboards (for some strange reason! )
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-01-2014, 07:41 AM

That cliff fall looked terrifying - we lost quite a lot of cliff edges when the marina and breakwaters were built as they changed the direction of the sea currents - also lost quite a long stretch of gorgeous sandy beach for the same reason.

Luckily no homes lost and now it has all changed as five star hotels have been built along with the marina and it is not the same as it was when I lived just five minutes walk away...

Please keep safe Helena - and everyone affected by the diabolical weather.

I have actually been up for nearly three hours but have had to set up an electrified fence all round my home because a certain person who shall not be named wants to come in and nick my camera!

Please everyone, keep safe, keep warm, and try to keep dry.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Morning Helena and everyone.
What a worry and nuisance this weather is. Helena I hadn't seen the news but rock falls aren't good please take care.
Also everyone else take care what with trees and the floods its not safe.

Raining again here so more huuuuuuge muddy paw prints. Thank goodness for the quilt covers they help a bit.
We have to pop out to stock Gorden and Michael up for next week and of course myself so that will be easy to open micro meals for me. Taking the Christmas decs down later today too.
Hand very itchy and sore. Driving me nuts.

Stay safe everyone.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Morning all.
Just one word.....horrendous how much more can people take. I feel so sorry for everyone involved.
My usual Saturday but I feel so tired, I'm going to have a second cup of coffee first.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 08:27 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Another sunny, cold crisp winter morning here ..... only kidding it's pouring with rain and windy Really fed up with it now but thankful that our property hasn't suffered here. My son's flight to Thailand was delayed last night due to the weather but he is now due to land in the next 30 minutes ... I'll be relieved to know he's got his feet on terraferma (I hate flying!!). Having a major tidy up this morning as my younger son is bringing his girlfriend here today, and I don't want her to think I'm a slob

Helena I didn't hear about that rock fall Is that where my brother, Polly and I walked ..... to the far right of the seafront looking at the sea).? I'll go and take a look at the news coverage shortly. I haven't had time to catch up on last night's thread but assume Dave arrived back safely. Enjoy your weekend ...... I'm envious of you 'cos I haven't had the joy of tidy cupboards for years
Moet I hope your half day passes quickly. Enjoy your day.
Lynn Hopefully the itchiness is your hand getting better but I'm sorry its still painful but not surprised as that was one nasty burn . Enjoy your weekend with Gorden and hope you get everything sorted.
Malka Hi enjoy your day
Nippy Delighted you haven't been swept away down there in the SW. Stay safe up on your hill

I'm off to have a shower and get dressed now ..... work to be done and people to see See you all later.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Good morning fellow members another grey day and the rain keeps falling. This is becoming like summer 2007 when we had months of heavy rain.

Visitors coming today so must get on.
Enjoy your day everyone
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Jenny never have I been so grateful for my hill

I have just been pottering around the garden, feeding the birds etc, in just jeans and a tee shirt. It is sooo warm and still
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Morning all,

Helena, my goodness no, I'd be staying away from that part of the beach for a while! That looks well dodgy.

Malka, oh boy, hope you have a good alarm system

Lynn hope your hand is a bit better today!

I was woken at 7am by Brian coming to bed, which meant Iona had to go out for widdles and meant another half hour of play till she went back to sleep. They just woke an hour ago.

She's been out but still managed to poo in here! Was not amused. However, pups are currently play fighting, and for some reason they always seem to play fight round my feet/chair I'm sitting in/couch I'm sitting on, which means I get knocked constantly...walks for this two later to try to run some of the energy off them.

Today the decorations are coming down and the ironing pile is being started, I'm wary of going out cause I think Parcel Force are coming today with our phones and Brian is sleeping (or at least trying to through the noise of Dougal and Iona growling) so I don't want to leave.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »