Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-08-2013, 02:51 PM

Sweet or salty?

Curious as to which you find your dog prefers given the opportunity?

Penelope is a total salt junkie, for instance, she goes nuts over green olives in brine, we can't eat crisps in peace and she much prefers salty meat like bacon over blander ones like chicken or venison.
We feed her lots of healthy foods and obviously dont give her much high salt stuff but anything savoury she wants it so bad.

She gets lots of fruit but unless its apple or banana she won't eat it unless she sees us eating it making mmmm noises and you can tell she's not that enthusiastic.
Vegetables and plain meats get a pretty lukewarm reception too.

When I had cats, one didn't like anything savoury but would insist on getting a taste if you had cake, fruit yogurt, cereal bars etc.

The other one didn't like anything sweet but loved salty things like marmite where the sweet cat would pull a face if she came across a plate that had had marmite on it lol!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Sasha loves sweet stuff and will steal anything sweet if she can. Samson spits out anything sweet, oh no he likes fruit but not sweets (sticky kind) Neither like salty as such but savoury they both love x
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Funny how they are so fussy really, we must feed them too well, i don't think you'd see a street cat or dog being so fussy.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Have no idea of telling because Remus will steal and eat anything...some of the things he's had since we've got him include..

3 raw salmon filets
Half a pound of butter..on more than one occasion
A loaf of bread
A pack of ham
Half a pack of cheese
Last week he stole and ate almost a whole birthday cake
And today he bust out of his crate got a bottle of salad cream that I had accidentally left on the side after making a picnic in a rush...chewed lid off it and licked it clean.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 04:06 PM
And I've just turned my back in him to get drinks for my children while they ate their yogurts, heard my four year old shouting 'no Remus!' And turn to find him trying to lick the yogurts!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-08-2013, 04:51 PM
My lot eat anything, I don't think they have a preference for salty or sweet. They'll go just as mad for marmite or oranges. The Pugs especially are fruit mad, apples, oranges, strawberries, cherries, melon. You name it they want it.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 11:51 AM
If Chloe had her way she'd live on meat, cake, biscuits and ice cream ... oh, and a few bits of really smelly cheese ... just like my teenage grandson! She's never liked fruit, and will only eat vegetables if I puree them and add them to her food, otherwise she picks the pieces out and places them carefully on the floor next to her bowl.

I don't know what I've done to deserve such a fussy eater because her "big" sister would eat anything she was given.
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2013, 08:47 PM
My dogs will eat anything especially if they see me eat it first. They especially love ice cream. Pearl is a chocoholic, which she can't have, but if there is any in the house she will sniff it out and try to get it.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Mollie loves sweet things, but Betty is more a savoury fan, she loves vegetables especially lettuce.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Have no idea of telling because Remus will steal and eat anything...some of the things he's had since we've got him include..

3 raw salmon filets
Half a pound of butter..on more than one occasion
A loaf of bread
A pack of ham
Half a pack of cheese
Last week he stole and ate almost a whole birthday cake
And today he bust out of his crate got a bottle of salad cream that I had accidentally left on the side after making a picnic in a rush...chewed lid off it and licked it clean.
I really love Remus

Rorschach is a fruit fiend
Not sure on Frodo yet, but Ripley prefers savoury... although when there is fruit on offer she'll take hers, spit it out with no intention of eating it whatsoever, then guard it just so the boys can't have it!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >