Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I can't believe he is still waiting... I LOVE this dog, but can't have him
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Musky's fosterers are back from holiday and he is back in with their pack enjoying some home comforts. Here is a little update by Alison his fosterer:

"Musky has been settling back in with us nicely. He still has a sore paw though and is most put out when I have to walk the others without him He is on a weeks rest now to see if it can properly heal.

You can't really tell from photos but he is a fine figure of a greyhound
Alison"

Musky is still looking for his forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Musky is http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk Star Dog Millionaire!

http://rescueremediesdogs.co.uk/

We tried to resist, but this was such a perfect tune for this lovely dog – CLICK on the link and turn up your volume!

Musky is still waiting for his forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-06-2010, 10:02 PM
An update from Musky's fosterer:

"Musky is just doing so well in all ways now. His paw has healed and he is back to normal walks. He was so pleased on his first walk back with the others. For a week he was left alone when I walked the others and despite being upset he was fine on his own. He is getting along much better with our other boy Levi. He is also running riot with our deaf girl Millie - they have so much fun charging around for 5 minutes then peace reigns for another 24 hours!

Musky is a bright boy for a greyhound and has unusually a natural retrieve. Not always but often he will do lots of playing fetch so has a lot to work on with training ability. Musky doesn't chew things - he just moves them! Certain shoes, dog beds and dog bowls are often on the move and he loves soft toys. He has quickly learned drop when he tries to take things in the garden. He has learned to open doors with easy handles which all my staffie fosters do but none of my greyhounds ever have.

Musky never barks except in play. He never attempts to get on the furniture except when he has his mad 5 minutes with Milly when they are all over the place usually up and ovee the bed!

He is now used to the chickens in the garden and takes no notice through the patio doors. Rabbits seen daily on walks are watched with interest but no more. Deer slightly more interest but completely calm. The only thing that made him bouncy and on high alert was a cat running across the road 10 feet in front of us".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-06-2010, 09:51 PM
An update from Musky's fosterer:

"Where is this lovely boy's home? We love having him here because he is such a character He rearranges all the dog beds, picks up the empty food bowls and is always up to such minor mischief but never anything serious. He would make a super first greyhound for anyone"!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-06-2010, 07:41 PM
An update from Musky’s fosterer:

“We had a little visitor to the house today - a 6 month old Staffie pup! Musky was a little excited on first meeting but after introductions was fine. He was a little confused at the little running creature because she was let off lead on our walk but soon realised it was her still! She has been here all day and obviously under close supervision they have all been getting along nicely. It is nice to be able to confirm that Musky is happy with small dogs after a suitable introduction. Although he did have to make sure that she didn't steal all the fuss!

Musky is still available for homing.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-06-2010, 09:32 PM
An update by Musky’s fosterer, Alison:

“Musky had a very busy weekend. Friday afternoon saw the arrival of 13 13-year old girls! He was initially excited and so very keen to meet and greet. Some were very happy to do so but others were fearful of dogs so such a tall lad coming towards them would have been too much. He with the other 4 dogs managed very well in potentially stressful circumstances. But then again Musky is not often thrown by life. Sometimes something will take him by surprise but other than that nothing phases him. They all left by midday Saturday (phew). Then it was mostly a pottering day as shown in the picture below - poor quality unfortunately but it shows Musky collecting his favourite watering can to go in the bed with his favourite trainers, LOL!

Musky is really the biggest character of all the greyhounds I have known. Although I wouldn't recommend him to live with a male dog, he has shown recently that he can cope well living with our male greyhound and an incoming dog, the new Lurcher Dave. Certainly he may cope with non-dominant male dogs coming to stay if it is managed properly but long term I don't think he would be comfortable.
Alison”
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Alison, Musky's fosterer, found some tennis balls when she was clearing out the garage and after the initial playtime Musky gathered them all up and put them in a dog bed with his watering can! LOL!

Obviously being a sportman he is betting on Murray for the cup!
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3