Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Afternoon everyone.
Went back up to where I saw the dog it was gone. I went armed with food and water and phone numbers and addresses. I had a bit of a snoop round and does seem to be part of the cottage where the old guy lives garden.
No shops Helena fields a couple of cottages and just the track to walk or drive on my car took it all up width wise.
Hopefully she belongs to the cottage or someone was mooching round the fields for whatever reason and decided to tie her up. Maybe they were watering the grass.

Typical Eileen I reckon Duncan has you sussed.
Left room for mega size size suitcase and shoes Helena.
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Yes please TW pick me up en route to Nippy's. Any time to suit you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Lovely news griff you are keeping the puppy. That's one lucky puppy.
Lovely here too now June. Sounds like your walk was enjoyable.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Reckon you could be right LYNN,but I'm not going to give up Good news with your stray I think
Here's how I found Duncan today and he didn't want to play our game Walked by several times and he wasn't for shifting at least he's safe in there and not on the road...speaking of which,there is a dead rabbit,just outside the entrance to where Duncan has taken residence He didn't kill it,because you can see the tyre marks where a car has hit it but he hasn't been eating it either so he's obviously getting enough to eat,so that's good.Tomorrow is another day

Handsome isn't he? And becoming a bit of a celebrity round here I have to say
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2014, 02:06 PM
He looks really comfortable there Eileen. How near could you have got to him without him running off. Just thinking if you can get to the distance you were when you took the piccie, take a chair (and Lacey) and sit there with your back to him and read a magazine or something, and he may well approach you, especially if you put a dish of food down for him. But keep your back to him and don't react if he does come nearer. 4L there's plenty of room in the car because Lynns taking Helena and her bags and shoes
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 02:12 PM
I'll repeat what I said about protecting any plant that wont take a frost particularly geraniums and fuchsias. They do need cover. Fleece can be bought in a roll on amazon and you can place it over the top. Recommend double layer if you want to keep the frost out. Otherwise if you have a greenhouse or a conservatory then that is more ideal. However, the fleece is very good unless the temperatures go down below -6 then we are all sweating as to whether they will survive. That is why I cover with the fleece and then again any other cover I have available like the chloches I previously mentioned. Carrier bags if they are big enough and even the sides off the gazebo I have used to cover up my Orleander. You just have to use your knowledge of what is a perennial plant and what will only survive in temps above 50 or 60c. Good luck if you need further advice just shout!
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
4L there's plenty of room in the car because Lynns taking Helena and her bags and shoes
Hope Lynn's car is BIG for all Helena's shoes!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Oh Eileen, he is so beautiful, if only he would come to you.

I am sure in time he will trust you, I hope it will be sooner than later. Good luck!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2014, 02:39 PM
OK I'll get some fleece from Amazon and wrap them up with a carrier bag over them this winter, and see what happens. Doncha worry Moyra, I WILL be shouting for help if I need it, what about my fuschia, I've got one in a hanging basket and one in a tub along with other plants. Just had Nigel The gardener round, he's going to do a couple of jobs on the girlies houses for me and then put another lightfitting in the back bedroom. He says once he's finished everyone's gardens he'll be able to do some of my odd jobs. Like he said though, its still warm, and everyone's grass is still growing! Right, well I will take the hoover up to that back bedroom and get up what I can, then will take a mop and bucket up with bleach and disinfectant in and go over the skirting boards because they are disgusting and can't bear to touch them state they are in All the lovely off white carpet has black on the corners, no idea whatsoever what that is at all, hoping that I can get it off, will be getting that Rug Doctor cleaner machine in when I can There were several spiders in here last night, it was like a race track for them, they were positively whizzing round the floor, I was on the couch with my feet tucked under a cushion in case they got me 4L maybe Lynn is getting a van from Pickfords
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 02:45 PM
That music advertising War Horse is so haunting, I need a copy of it! Anyone know what it is called.!
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »