Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 07:45 PM

For your amusement . .

Thought I'd share Lily's (20 month old Working Cocker ) latest escapade

Picture the scene, dinner's over, OH and I are sat chilling on the sofa watching a bit of telly and we hear this god almighty racket getting louder and louder

I shot out of the lounge, just as I look into the kitchen, I spot something moving outside coming towards the door, the noise is now rather loud just as I'm thinking What the hell Lily tries to jump up the back door step with a full grown, still alive, quacking and flapping for it's life duck in her mouth She'd grabbed it by it's bum so it was sticking out the front of her, now ducks are evidently quite heavy for cocker, which she demonstrated by missing the doorstep and tripping herself up, releasing said duck into my kitchen
The poor thing just ran in circles while I shouted at my other 2 dogs and Lily to leave and stay, OH finally gets his butt into gear and comes through as I'm shooing the still quacking duck out of the kitchen whilst trying to make sure the dogs who were leaving it alone but following closely waiting for their chance to strike, I got the duck outside and it got itself cornered by the doorstep and gate, I shouted to my OH 'Throw me that towel' pointing to the dogs one, OH replies with . . .
. . You can't dry a duck with a towel
I just looked at him totally stunned, incapable of processing what he'd said, with that the duck managed to wiggle under the gate, run across the drive and I heard a plop as it went back into the river. As I was trying to explain through my laughing that I wanted the towel to put over the duck so I could pick it up and move it to safety Lily started trying to dig her way under the fence to retrieve the duck she had decided was rightfully hers, I brought her in, shut the door and went to sit down to try and stop my heart beating it's way out of my chest Lily comes into the lounge, hops on the sofa gives OH and I a look that almost sent me for a shovel to start digging my grave, grumbled at us then settled down
Gotta love these Cockers eh

How can you stay mad at this face though?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 07:51 PM

Ah bless her Typical man coming out with something like that Well done for managing to save the duck
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Oh bless her, that is hilarious!!

I cannot believe that she's 20 months old already, where oh where does the time go!!!
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Gave me a good laugh, all I can say is rather you than me. I'll stick with my grumpy Chi ta. Continue having fun x
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Oh my .... that made me laugh so hard, I can't see through the tears! Lol. What a great dog she is!
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 04:04 PM
She looks like butter wouldn't melt!!!

great story!
dave2003
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2013, 01:09 AM
that was so funny poor duck and clever spaniel lol still chuckling!!!
debbie1957uk
New Member!
Female 

08-10-2013, 07:28 PM
so funny she must be quite strong to carry a big duck,glad it got away safely bet it gives your house a wide birth in future!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Love Lily, bless her, I bet she looked so funny
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2013, 03:19 PM
LOL! Thanks for the laugh... and please smack your husband for his noob move of saying "You can't dry a duck with a towel" and also be sure to throw it in his face for a few days

BTW... the doggy looks great, nice and slim with such a pretty coat. Cocker Spaniels of that particular coloring are rare here, indeed... so it's nice to see one here.