Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 10:57 AM

Just so Scooby doesn't feel left out.

I got him a new harness as well He's actually needed one for a little while after he put weight on when visiting my Dad... He's lost a fair bit of the weight now though.

He's an escape artist with harnesses and because he's always on lead I use a flexi in areas where the others are offlead so he can still sniff but I have found that if he stops while I'm in front a lot of harnesses slide over his head.

So I was looking for a harness similar to a ruff wear one to give the two straps, one under his chest and one under his belly. The problem is he has a large fatty lump just behind his front right leg which has always made finding harnesses to fit difficult.

In the end I have had one hand made for him so that it sits behind his lump and I'm really, really pleased with it.

The lump isn't very obvious but it is just in front of where the strap goes on his chest.

The belly strap sits just in front of his boy bits

Poser -

There were loads of different ribbons, fleece colours and webbing colours to choose from but I decided black was easiest to keep clean and I really liked this ribbon design -

All this for £21.50! I do wish I asked for the d-ring to be above the middle strap but I forgot however I know someone who will do that for me for free so it's not big deal.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2013, 11:11 AM
He looks very proud in it - I love the pattern.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Love that harness, and agree it does need the D ring in the middle, that's where I hook my dogs leads, Samson could do with the extra strap too really, he's a bit of a wriggler too x
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Handsome boy!!
Looks like great harness too - custom bargain!

He looks so proud in that posing pic
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by cacoll View Post
He looks very proud in it - I love the pattern.
He loves getting dressed up in stuff, whenever I get anything new he always assumes it's for him to wear first!

Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Love that harness, and agree it does need the D ring in the middle, that's where I hook my dogs leads, Samson could do with the extra strap too really, he's a bit of a wriggler too x
I think I'm going to try with the D-ring where it is for a week and see how I get on. He only uses a flexi in areas that are quiet due to his people unpredictability. In theory I shouldn't need to worry too much about having directional control, it's whether I can cope knowing I've not got a lot of that...

I find the belly straps invaluable at the vets! Twice he's nearly made an escape when going in for a simple check up.

Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Handsome boy!!
Looks like great harness too - custom bargain!

He looks so proud in that posing pic
I am so pleased with this harness I could wax lyrical about it. It's so well made and fits him just as I wanted it to.

He is quite a poser bless him. He's also just discovered Layla is at full peak in her season so he's trying to get amorous with her, dirty old man!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Go Scooby A new harness and a girlfriend!!
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Go Scooby A new harness and a girlfriend!!
He's doing that thing where he sniffs where she's been and then judders his chin. Out of all the dogs in my house he's the only one paying any sort of attention to her. She was flirting with Malcolm yesterday and all Malc did was try to get her to play chase, he just doesn't understand
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
That's a really nice harness
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Oh Scooby, you do look so very handsome and very smart in your lovely new harness! xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

01-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Aw he looks so proud of his new harness, bless!

He is a right handsome laddie.

Lovely photos and great harness
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >