Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 09:12 AM
My poor wee boy is depressed today

He hasn't eaten very much and the vet said if you were describing him in human terms he is just a bit depressed. He still has sensation but no movement, and the sensation has not increased any its just pretty much as was. Obviously not the news I was hoping for but at least he still has sensation I guess

I am looking for ideas of things we can take to him tomorrow I am off to start a new threadon that so any and all ideas welcome

Thanks again x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post

He hasn't eaten very much and the vet said if you were describing him in human terms he is just a bit depressed. He still has sensation but no movement, and the sensation has not increased any its just pretty much as was. Obviously not the news I was hoping for but at least he still has sensation I guess

I am looking for ideas of things we can take to him tomorrow I am off to start a new threadon that so any and all ideas welcome

Thanks again x
Try and prepare yourself for that hun, Reah suffered severe depression during her stay after her accident, and as I had only just taken her on as mine, I found it hard to watch....hopefully he will pick up after he see's you
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post

Thanks again x
Awwwwwwww poor wee man,he'll just be wanting home again and all his home comforts.I remember our Amber when she was ill,she was like that and soon as oh came home from work she brightened up I used to get him to feed her when he got home.Hope he brightens up a bit and starts to eat more,keeping my fingers crossed for him xxxxxxxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Stuart has just left too go and see him, armed with 3 "smelly" tshirts, a kong, some pork crackling. I will hopefully get to see him at the weekend if Stuart thinks I can go without getting too upset and thus upsetting Ben. Fingers crossed that Stuart seeing Ben helps him rather than hinders him. (I really hope so)The vet has no concerns at all about Stuart/us visiting and since day one has said they encourage i. I just hope he is right. It'll be a long afternoon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Awww Lynne, not as good news as I was hoping to see this morning, I hope you're bearing up, it must be a total nightmare for you hearing about poor Ben being like this If you think about it,he's been through a lot, and that's putting it mildly he doesn't know what's happening to him, he doesn't know where he is, he can't understand why he is suffering like he is either, so that's enough to depress any dog isn't it! I'm sure once Stuart has been, or even better once you have been yourself, it'll give him the encouragement he needs to keep on fighting and eating better. It's all very strange for him Lynne, he doesn't know what to do does he, but seeing familiar faces and those t-shirt smells should, I hope, perk him up if only a little bit. My heart still goes out to you Lynne, you are being so very brave ya know, a lot, lot braver than I would be I'm sure of that, and there's nothing you can do, absolutely nothing, which makes it much worse to bear doesn't it. The only thing you can do is keep occupied so that the time flies by until Stuart's return with hopefully some good news for all of us, but most of all for you Lynne. xxxxxxxxx Take care xxxxxxxxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Just caught up with this.Sorry he is feeling depressed and there isn't more movement and sensation but it is still early days yet .

You will know more once Stuart returns and he can fill you in.It must be agony waiting for him to return but I am sure they will have a good time and hopefully those stinky T-shirts will cheer Ben up.

speak later.

Rx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Try and prepare yourself for that hun, Reah suffered severe depression during her stay after her accident, and as I had only just taken her on as mine, I found it hard to watch....hopefully he will pick up after he see's you
....but just look at Reah now!
Look at it as just one more step to recovery, Lynne...

I hope Stuart's visit helped.....

x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Sorry to hear Ben is depressed I am sure that is natural though. Humans get depressed after big ops and they know whats happening to them and why. Poor Ben doesn't understand whats happening to him so must be all the worse.

As for no movement it is early days yet and he does still have the sensation so try to look at the positives, easy for me to say I know, I would be exactly the same as you if I was in your shoes.

I am sure Stuarts visit will help him and I shall keep popping in for the update later. In the meantime more positive vibes and (((Hugs))). Xx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I've only just seen this thread.

So very sorry for you all, must be so bloody upsetting.

I wish you well darling Ben xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Poor Ben - it is no wonder he is depressed though I am SURE that Stuart's visit and his pressies will pick up Ben's spirits and I do hope you get to see him at the weekend.

Everything still crossed here x
Page 27 of 50 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 > Last »