Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2009, 06:55 AM
More positive vibes today and hoping for good news. Xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks guys - I guess I got a sleep as I woke myself up crying but have had some breakfast. I have made a wish at http://easywish.net/

The vet will phone between 9 and 11.30. will update you all then. Thanks again xxx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Sending massive hugs hun and keeping my fingers crossed that you get good news today.Hope he's had a comfortable night,xxxxxxxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Thanks guys - I guess I got a sleep as I woke myself up crying but have had some breakfast. I have made a wish at http://easywish.net/

The vet will phone between 9 and 11.30. will update you all then. Thanks again xxx
I'm up for anyting that might help our Ben. I made a wish too!
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Thinking of you, fingers crossed for a good report.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 09:02 AM
I have made a wish...hope it helps.

Sending lots of ((((((((hugs))))))) to you and {{{{{{{{{healing vibes to Ben}}}}}}}}}}

Elaine xxxxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Great news guys (tears here but they are good ones)

OK he had a response to pain this morning, when the vet pinched his toes they showed a response and the vet is very pleased with this. Still absolutely no movement but there is sensation.

He has eaten a full meal and is bright and alert

The bladder function is nota HUGE concern (explained further down in this post)

He is getting loads of attentionand is a happy dog

He is not on any sedation at all since last night - he is getting Morphine as a painkiller which obviously sedates to a degree but he is not getting any actual specific sedatives

The next thing the vet hopes for is movement of some description within the next 3 days.

We are more tahn welcome to visit and the only tubes he has is a cathetar.

Ok My list of questions to him

When in his experience is the usual time for dogs to show sensation
He already is and this is very good for less than 36 hours after major spinal surgery

Is it possible he is not urinating as he has no need to - the cathetar is doing it for him - therefore how do we KNOW his bladder is damaged
Yes this is a possibility he is assuming bladder damage as the nerves ar a branch off the Spinal cord and itwas above the branch thatthe damage occured but yes it ispossible he will have bladder fuinction once the cathetar removed but they won't remove it until they have movement in his legs
Is he in pain
Absolutely not and even the pain reflex is not pain as we think ofit more just discomfort
How is he getting sedation (IV, tablets - can this be dulling any responses to stimuli) he's not on any

Can someone other than us visit him
Yes it is entirely up to us (though Stuart is keen to visit) and maybe take a favourite toy or treats etc as that will help him with boredom.

Would Stuart or I visiting not be stressful when we left again (for Ben as clearly it would be stressful for me)
No more so than tying him up outside a shop or leaving him in a car or a strange place ie on holiday he has lots of staff fussing over him. - it will in all honesty be more stressful for us

Has he eaten
Yes eating properly

Has he pood
Not since he was taken in but that is not an issue at all as vet would only start to worry if no poo by end of week

If he has pood does that not indicate some nerve sensation in his rear end
Not relevant as no poo

So it all sounds pretty positive. I am actually smiling here. Thank you all so much and fingers crossed his progress continues. Thanks again xxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Thinking of you both today, hope it brings good news.

Stay strong hun xxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 09:15 AM
I posted at the same time.

It is sounding a lot more positive and just what you wanted to hear. I am smiling too

Have made a wish x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 09:16 AM
WAY TO GO BEN!!!!!

Oh Lynn we couldn't have asked for more at this stage, how fantastic for you!!!
All those Dogsey prayers and vibes are working am sure they are. I woke up in the middle of the night, couln't sleep, so came on here, just to see if there was an update

I cannot not tell you how pleased I am that there is progress.
What now? Will you visit or leave it for a few more days now?
When will you get the answers you have posted? are you going to ring later on today.
Sorry that sounds like the Spanish Inquisition it's just that I am so Over the moon for you both.

Elaine xxxxxxx
Page 22 of 50 « First < 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 > Last »