View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 04:57 PM
No i don't need to google it I believed you 100% and was grateful you told me, which is why I rushed off and fed her. Just hope i wasn't too late with the food as she has a weak stomach at the best of times.
I am so stupid sometimes.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I'd have her checked by vet as could be cruciate injury,is she on tip toes when standing still,xxxxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
I'd have her checked by vet as could be cruciate injury,is she on tip toes when standing still,xxxxxx
Thats one thing I absolutly dread her ever doing as she is so nuerotic and hyper there is no way she could manage the rest that goes with that.
Yesterday when she was obviously in a lot of pain the slightest noise would send her leaping at the windows if indoors or jumping at the fence after hurtling accross the garden.
She will not go to the toilet on lead so have to let her off in the garden to get her to go and in almost 4years she has still never as much as had a wee on a walk.
Anyway I am pleased to say she has had no Rimadyl today as she looked ok when she got up and is still walking on it ok today, no limping. She has had 2 lead walks and was leaping around on the end of the lead trying to kill any dogs that came into view and eat any motorbikes or lorries and still no limping or holding the leg up.
So perhaps she had trapped a nerve and caused a bit of inflamation and the Rimadyl reduced the inflamation and allowed the nerve to free again.
I will keep an eye on her and just lead walk the next couple of days just in case it reappears again though.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Pleased to be reading this good news Bev! Let's hope it stays this way, she sounds quite manic at times, and this is how they do this kind of thing. So glad all turned out ok though.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Mya does this - you may remember some time ago I took her to see Dean (vet) and he said her injury was akin to an RTA........ Well she wasn't in an RTA then and she hasn't been in one now, but the leg is playing up again.

I'm wondering if it's just cramp.......... she's ok after a hobble...

x0x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Mya does this - you may remember some time ago I took her to see Dean (vet) and he said her injury was akin to an RTA........ Well she wasn't in an RTA then and she hasn't been in one now, but the leg is playing up again.

I'm wondering if it's just cramp.......... she's ok after a hobble...

x0x
Thats right I do remember now and you maybe right as Shady has had similar before.
When her leg is like it you get a lot more cracking sounds comeing from it than normal. She has always had a certain amount of cracking in her back legs is just a lot worse when she is like this.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3