Female 

23-03-2009, 08:47 PM
he is stunning very shine coat
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
Lovely pics - looks like a great place to walk. I bet Prince enjoyed meeting the other dogs also.
Yes loved it! I was so happy for him. I'ts rare someone lets their dog meet him, so meeting five others whithin a couple of minutes was brilliant.

Prince pulls to get to other dogs & has been barking at them since xmas onwards. Someone on here said it might be a frustration thing? He plays very nicely when he does get to meet dogs tho
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Harry21 View Post
Yes loved it! I was so happy for him. I'ts rare someone lets their dog meet him, so meeting five others whithin a couple of minutes was brilliant.

Prince pulls to get to other dogs & has been barking at them since xmas onwards. Someone on here said it might be a frustration thing? He plays very nicely when he does get to meet dogs tho
Jess barks and lunges when on lead, but off lead she is like a total different dog. She is still a bit hit and miss on lead, but is now much better.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 10:04 PM
What a handsome lad he is
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Jesterjenn, what do you do when your dog pulls then? Prince goes extremely hyper at the sight of another dog, whatever distance. Theres worry about aggression, it seems he's very excited until he's eigther met the dog or it is out of sight. Thanks
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Harry21 View Post
Jesterjenn, what do you do when your dog pulls then? Prince goes extremely hyper at the sight of another dog, whatever distance. Theres worry about aggression, it seems he's very excited until he's eigther met the dog or it is out of sight. Thanks
In all honesty, I have just started to ignore it. I have tried so many different training things to try and stop the barking, but none of it has worked, so I just make sure I have full control over her. I always make sure if we are on the street (not so much at parks as there is ample space to move out the way there) that she is wearing either her Halti or her Canny Collar (I prefer this as it tones down her pulling, but at the same time because of where it is pulling from, she sounds so much more agressive with this on lol), because I have full control then.

I tried going to a GSD training class (and a mixed one before) as I thought it would probs stop, but I think it is just a trait of some Sheps in all honesty. Jess doesn't mean anything nasty when she barks, it is more of a "let me get to go say hello" bark.

If you fear that it may be agression, please get him muzzled and get him round as many dogs as possible. This should help him as he will have to learn that he can't be nasty to other dogs.

Also, please (I know it is a lot easier said than done) try and keep calm with him. Treat it kind of as if it is a joke when he starts kicking off (that doesn't sound right, but I hope you get what I mean). By that I mean treat it light hearted (still keep full control at all times) and try not to get stressed with him, because if you get stressed, he will get more stressed because he will be feeding off your energy.

Have you tried distraction techniques? Like toys or treats?

Sorry, this post ended up longer than expected lol
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks JesterJen!

Could anyone tell me what breed of dog this is with Prince. We have met him on a field a few times on her own. Just wondered

Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 03:26 PM
what a gorgeous boy looks a lovely place to walk too
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 03:29 PM
He's sooooooo handsome great pics xxxxxxx
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >