Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-09-2011, 08:32 PM

Lee - 1 year old male Staffordshire Bull Terrier Cross

Lee, Staffie X, DOB 03.10 – Gatwick, Surrey

Homing Requirements: Lee needs a family who can offer him time and centre their lives on his needs. He has grown up with children and would prefer to be an only dog. Secure garden a "must", 6' panel fencing in good repair and exit management. Can be left for short periods but not a 'lunchtime visit' home for Lee.

His Story: Lee was owned by one family living with very young children. He kept getting out over a 4' fence. The dog warden became a family friend, picking him up and returning him. The dog warden micro-chipped him and in the end refused to let him go back. You get the sense that Lee was on the parameter of the families lives; entertainment and attention gained through escaping. Lee is 18 months old. Now neutered and vax'd. He is fostered as and when his fosterers circumstances allow.

Advert: Lee is a kind and affectionate dog. He loves human contact and cuddles. He loves to be out in the garden and potter around. He meets most dogs well but has been an only dog. Doesn't like cats. Very people affectionate. "Loves being made a fuss of. He is a naturally polite dog, doesn't beg and knows SIT. He doesn't rifle the kitchen bin and is non-destructive; but rope tugs will be shown little mercy! However, he is so keen to please and should be easy to train as he thrives on praise and approval".

Lee is a longer legged Staffie, slender build with a houndy feel when he walks with his nose to the ground and his paws pointing in a fold poised on 3 legs. He is inquisitive indeed and would need a lot of work to get his recall as alert and tuned out on his walk. In the home he is just happy to be with you but is a sensitive soul so needs time to settle so don't judge him too early.

"Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-10-2011, 09:59 PM
This dog is still available for adoption.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-11-2011, 08:36 PM
"Er - just wondering like, any nice forever home out there, preferably with a nice big garden. Just thought I ask - you never know, er like. And before you ask ... yes, I'm a very good boy - and of course very handsome, as you can see"!

If you are interested in re-homing Lee please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Lee is still available for adoption.

If you are interested in re-homing Lee please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-01-2012, 06:24 PM
An update from one of our volunteers ...

“Walked Lee last Sunday in the glorious sunshine and yesterday in the hideous wind! He doesn't seem to mind the changes in climate, all weather is snuffling weather!

He's quite strong on the lead but this is only noticeable on grassland or in bushes where there are strong scents to be followed.

His recall is improving and I used my Charlotte's flexi-lead, which is very long, and he responded fairly consistently.

Poor lad had the shock of his life when an off lead group of dogs came bowling out of their garden gate which backed on to the meadows and danced around him. I'm incredibly fond of one of the dogs and see her often, a beautiful black and white Staffie girl who is just the right combination of naughty and obedient. Lee seemed quite enamoured with her too and really wanted to join in with the pack's games, so I let him say hello and have a little dance around but there was no way I'd be able to enable him to keep up with a lab, a GSD and a Staffie - I just can't run that fast! Much to Lee's disappointment.

Next week we're going to do some extra trick training because I think he'd be amazing at it! Promise to video him being clever”!

[“What! Me doing tricks!!! You must be joking!!!”]

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-03-2012, 09:20 PM

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-09-2012, 08:19 PM
This dog has found their forever home!
Closed Thread