Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tylersowners
New Member!
Male 

15-10-2010, 09:06 AM

Help With Toilet Training

Hi All

We recentley have adopted a 2 year old Jack Russell basett cross from Dogs Trust.
We are having a great time with Tyler. However he wont go to the toilet in our garden. He is happy in the gardn but wont go to the toilet. He goes fine when out on a walk. he has a couple of accidents whilst we were in bed, but we have not made a big deal out of these.

any tips would be much appreciated .

Thanks for reading

Ben and Lianne
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Pets at home have a pee stick thing out which is supposed to invite your dog to go to the toilet outside in a specific spot, you could give that a go. Basically my suggestion other than the pee stick is to go back to basics and either crate or paper train him like a puppy, make a big fuss when he goes to teh toilet outside, even if it isnt in your garden and ignore and clean up what he does in the house.

Do you take him out last thing at night and first thing in the morning?
Tylersowners
New Member!
Male 

15-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi Thanks for the suggestion will go and see if i can get one of those pee sticks from pets at home. yes we do take him out late at night. and when we get up in the morning too.

cheers

Ben
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Another thing I just remembered, when we were house training Louie (he's a pup) we brought my neighbours unspayed female up to encourage him to pee where she pee'd on the garden and that worked for us as well as crate training and encouragement, we were going to use a pee stick but everything else was going good.

Let us know if the stick works for you

Aimee