Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 09:40 PM

Another raw feeding question

How many eggs a week, raw and cooked, is it okay to feed? This week, Loki will have had two cooked (in scrambled egg ) and two raw.

What is a beef brisket - can you give this? Other beef bones?

Rack of lamb okay?
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Eggs are very good for our dogs and I give as many as they wish raw & scrambled. If I scramble I mix in a bacon mix of off cuts which is good value at Asda or Tesco.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

07-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Eggs I give raw & when I started off gave 1 each day

Brisket is a cheaper cut used for long cooking like braising doesn`t contain bone & its fine for dogs but its not a bone, its a type of cut of beef

Bones yep, not weight bearing ones

Rack of lamb if you got nothing better to spend your £££ on sure the dogs will love it, so does my OH, when`s it on the menu

Go for breast of lamb, the dogs won`t tell the difference

Put some links up for you tomorrow L/S, off to bed soon but do a google for a great book by Dr Richard Pitcairn
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks guys.
- how obvious is it that I know bu88er all about red meat . I thought brisket had a bone (crawls away to go and find an Internet site on animal anatomy) :smt043

How about lamb chops?
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Thanks guys.
- how obvious is it that I know bu88er all about red meat . I thought brisket had a bone (crawls away to go and find an Internet site on animal anatomy) :smt043

How about lamb chops?
I edited mine for fear of retribution. Im so soft! I neednt of. Lambs ribs are better Loki can eat them in one meal with veg
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-04-2006, 10:01 PM
I think LS meant brisket bones rather than brisket as a boneless meat? If so, the brisket bones (ribs) are fine. They are comparatively soft and 'chewable'.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 10:02 PM
I've just seen it

Ah so there is a bone? Confused! I really should have paid more attention in Home Economics, instead of chatting!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 10:23 PM
the bone in lamb chops will be to tiny and dogs could choke on it I would think. Also lamb chops are way to expensive.

eggs = Takoda has had three this week and Keena has had two, they are good to mix with their meat meal (I take a bit of meat away in return)...They may have more or less than that other weeks

Breast of lamb is great...Lamb neck...whole chicken (Kody gets just over half in a day and Keena the other slightly smaller half) ...any chicken parts...lots use carcass...any turkey parts...lots use necks...mine had wings yesterday from the turkey we had...Rib bones...whole fresh fish with heads...whole rabbit (although Keena seems to hate it! even though she loves everything else)...Those are just a few ideas for rmb and 'whole items'

Meat only, we are using lamb or ox heart (fed in really big chunks, they are loving ox heart) green tripe, mince beef, mince lamb...etc (I would like to get all meats in whole form rather than mince but the mince is alot cheaper than actual cuts)...

Offal, they are getting ox liver, lambs liver, pigs kidney...etc
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Raw or scrambled is good - they can have the shells too as they are full of minerals, calcium etc.

Be careful about the yolks though - you don't want to give too many as they can overdo the phospherous (I think).
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sansorrella
Raw or scrambled is good - they can have the shells too as they are full of minerals, calcium etc.

Be careful about the yolks though - you don't want to give too many as they can overdo the phospherous (I think).
Good advice, glad to see you back Sansorella.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >