View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Easyjet didn't ask me that when I flew with them.

You weren't allowed cigarette lighters in your hand luggage when I flew a couple of weeks ago.

Me, or anyone else I know has ever been told we're not allowed aerosols in our suitcase.
Mums suitcase has been subject to spot checks twice, and they never took her deodrant out.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Thanks Helen for all that info - fortunately I have played safe and he will only be taking a Sure for men roll on deodrant now - that will be okay won't it? Also toothbrush, flannel, soap and toothpaste and some wash and go shampoo - thats about all he will need isn't it

Foxy, stop worrying!!

Like I said - he can have all his cosmetics in his suitcase!!
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
.... and I just remembered, plastered in great big signs all over the check in desks nowadays, is a list of all the items you can't pack in your suitcase and one of them is any aerosols!!!!!!! Also you can't pack any cigarette lighters nowadays either, not in your suitcase, and you can only carry one on your person (I know that with my Mum travelling back with me last time)
Thats what i thought, cause the pressure in the hold can cause pressurised cans to explode
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Foxy,
Dan will be fine!!! I'm sure he would survive a week in italy with out any toiletries at all, sure he would stink like hell when he returned, but he's a lad! I can't tell you what you can and can't pack cos i haven't been on a plane in 10 yrs!

Hope Dan has a nice trip! xxxx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Foxy, stop worrying!!

Like I said - he can have all his cosmetics in his suitcase!!

I'm worrying, I'm worrying It's only two days away now
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Obviously published before the latest terrorist attacks, but you CAN take aerosols in your suitcase:

Aerosols are quite safe to take on-board with you, but there may be some airlines which prefer you to carry them in the hold so it’s best to check before you pack your holiday bags. Here is a list of the airlines that will accept aerosols in both your hand luggage (under 2 litres/kg) or in the hold:
Air New Zealand, Britannia Airways, British Airways,
BMI Baby, Easy Jet, Excel,
KLM, Lufthansa, Ryan Air,
Thomas Cook, South African Airways Virgin Atlantic
Disclaimer. These details are correct at the time of issue. Please check with your airline before travel.
Source: http://www.bama.co.uk/Downloads/Pres...oPackWhere.pdf
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, it's been a known fact for quite a few years that you cannot take any aerosols on flights I have been on, as they are obviously inflammable! I have just taken this off my Easyjet site and although it doesn't say aerosols, I can guarantee you that when you get to the check in there will be a massive sign behind of restricted items one of which is aersosol cans, and also you will be asked if you have packed any!

Prohibited and Restricted Items

The following dangerous articles are not permitted in baggage whether cabin or hold baggage:

Gas cylinders. Deeply refrigerated flammable, non-flammable, and poisonous gases such as butane, oxygen, propane, and aqualung cylinders. Includes butane gas (eg for use with heated hair appliances) camping gas, and chef's blow torches.
Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter or heater fuels, paint, and matches (except one box of matches or one cigarette lighter as provided below).
Poisons, such as insecticides, weed killers, arsenic, and cyanide.
Radioactive material, oxidising materials, and organic peroxides such as bleaches and fibreglass repair kits.
Firearms and explosives. Handguns, automatic weapons, munitions, ammunitions including blank cartridges, pistol caps, fireworks, flares, smoke canisters, and crackers. Note: As an exception, sporting/competition firearms and a maximum of 5kgs of ammunition may be carried in hold luggage with appropriate paperwork, subject to available space, if declared at check-in and securely boxed or packaged. Please note ammunition must be packed as part of passenger hold baggage and separated from firearms.
Infectious substances such as bacteria and viruses.
Corrosives such as mercury, acids, alkalis, and wet-cell batteries.

Please note that passengers are not allowed to carry "strike anywhere" matches or disposable lighters under any circumstances. This applies to both hold and cabin baggage.

You must not include in checked baggage fragile or perishable items, money, jewellery, precious metals, silverware, computers, electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples.

Toy or replica guns (plastic or metal), catapults, household cutlery, knives with blades of any length, paper knives, razor blades, tradesmen’s tools, darts, scissors, tweezers, hypodermic syringes (unless a genuine medical need can be proven), knitting needles, sporting bats, billiard, snooker or pool cues.

If you are in any doubt about what items you can take or where you should pack them, call us in advance of travel or ask upon arrival at the check-in desk.

I cannot understand Hevvur how you have not noticed any of these signs at the airport when they are about 10 foot high and all printed in big red letters, one of which is aerosols????? Maybe they were too big to see them as is often the case!!!! Like I said, I have had 6 trips since April this year and every single time I was asked if I had packed any aerosols in my suitcase! Strange

I'm talking London/Gatwick here, maybe it's different up North!!!?????
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 06:01 PM
I have always packed aerosols ( deoderant /hairspray ) in my checked in luggage -I've been searched a few times and its never been queried -I've taken the gas straighteners too - you can take the canister in the appliance but not refills .

Vodka is flammable but they still let you drink it on board
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 06:22 PM
I've never seen any signs saying you can't take aerosols in your case.
On the manchester airport website, it says you can't take them in hand luggage. No mention of your case.

I've flown a few times this year, and not one of them said I couldn't have aerosols in my case - one of the flights was just after the recent terrorist attacks, the day after you could actually take hand luggage again in normal bags.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Although we aren't that far from Manchester Airport for some stupid reason they are travelling from Liverpools John Lennon airport Don't know why they couldn't go from Manchester - it would have been a lot easier
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3