Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Foxy, don't worry, honestly

Anything he needs cosmetics wise - can be taken in his case.
If he was taking hand luggage, all he couldn't take in it is liquids.

If you forget anything, he will be able to buy it over there!!
Ok thanks Hevvur - I will get him some then - don't want him ponging them out of the room do I - but then again I think 3 or 4 of them are sharing room -so bet it won't smell so sweet anyway
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Foxy , like Hevvur says its ok as long as its in his suitcase - we came back from hols last week and its hand luggage that security has tightened up on - so if he's got none then he'll be fine
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Foxy , like Hevvur says its ok as long as its in his suitcase - we came back from hols last week and its hand luggage that security has tightened up on - so if he's got none then he'll be fine
Okay thanks Murphy - no they are only allowed one bag thankfully. He will probably buy a mag at the airport though but that should be okay shouldn't it
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 10:34 AM
That'll be fine - in fact anything bought after security is allowed on the aircraft -drinks included
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
That'll be fine - in fact anything bought after security is allowed on the aircraft -drinks included
Ok thanks Murphy
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-10-2006, 04:34 PM
From the Dept for Transport's site:

Liquids
No liquids of any type are permitted through the airport security search point, other than the following items:

Essential medicines in liquid form sufficient and essential for the flight (e.g. diabetic kit), as long as it is verified as authentic. Medicines in solid form continue to be permitted.

Baby milk and liquid baby food (the contents of each bottle or jar must be tasted by the accompanying passenger).

To help their progress through search points, passengers are advised not to include items capable of containing liquids (e.g. bottles, flasks, tubes, cans, plastic containers etc.) in their cabin baggage.

NOTE: The definition of liquids includes gels, pastes, lotions, liquid/solid mixtures and the contents of pressurised containers, e.g. toothpaste, hair gel, drinks, soups, syrups, perfume, deodorant, shaving foam, aerosols, etc.
Also, ensure that the cabin baggage meets the required dimensions:

ONE item only of cabin baggage is permitted through the airport security search point, the dimensions of this item must not exceed: a maximum length of 56 cm, width of 45 cm and depth of 25 cm (including wheels, handles, side pockets etc.)
http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_about/documents/page/dft_about_612280.hcsp

After the security point, you can buy what you want from the shops and take it onboard.

Any liquids, gels etc can be put into the hold baggage - suggest you seal it in a couple of strong plastic bags and then wrap a towel round it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
You can take it Foxy, just has to be in his case.
I've always taken aerosol cans in my case.

Everything is ok in his case, don't worry

Don't know whats changed since I went away a few weeks ago - but going out, you can't carry any liquids in your hand baggage, unless you bought them at the airport - after passport control.

Coming back home, carry what you want, cos no one even checks lol
This isn't the case with Easyjet, and I've flown 6 times with them this year, and everytime when I've checked in one of the questions has been "have you got any aerosols packed in your CASE"! Along with the usual questions like did you pack it yourself, any sharp objects, etc. etc. but they are asking questions about your case that you are checking in, not your hand luggage!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by royv View Post
From the Dept for Transport's site:

Also, ensure that the cabin baggage meets the required dimensions:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_about/documents/page/dft_about_612280.hcsp

After the security point, you can buy what you want from the shops and take it onboard.

Any liquids, gels etc can be put into the hold baggage - suggest you seal it in a couple of strong plastic bags and then wrap a towel round it.
Thanks Roy - I have played safe and got him a roll on deodrant - it would be just our luck for the deodrant to explode The only other things are the toothpaste and soap and I think they will be okay cos they are in a toilet bag. I think his case will be alright too because its only one of those holdall ones and its not that big really. They are only allowed 20 kg's not sure whether thats a lot or not
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 04:44 PM
.... and I just remembered, plastered in great big signs all over the check in desks nowadays, is a list of all the items you can't pack in your suitcase and one of them is any aerosols!!!!!!! Also you can't pack any cigarette lighters nowadays either, not in your suitcase, and you can only carry one on your person (I know that with my Mum travelling back with me last time)
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks Helen for all that info - fortunately I have played safe and he will only be taking a Sure for men roll on deodrant now - that will be okay won't it? Also toothbrush, flannel, soap and toothpaste and some wash and go shampoo - thats about all he will need isn't it
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >