Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2016, 06:38 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 11th September.

Good morning everyone. Looks like it is going to be a better day today, fingers crossed.

So lovely LG to have you back posting and well done to your two dogs, they did well and I am sure you are proud of them.

Lyn, that chap really is putting himself out to get the car right for you. What a lovely bloke. Hope Dillon is ok.

June, I have to admit when I was on Tramadol for approximately 2/3 years, a long time anyway, I never suffered the pain I get now it was brilliant, my only trouble was coming off the stuff. So I am pleased it is helping Lona and she certainly seems to be ok on it.

Griff, hope is all well in your neck of the woods, take care.

Sue and Barry, that fencing will look great with something growing up it. LG's suggestion of Loganberries sounds great but if not why not a Nelly Moser clematis. They cover well.

Brenda, hope the classes went well yesterday and you are feeling brighter today.

Norma, hope all is well with you and the gang.

Harvey, that is a nuisance if they are letting off fireworks all ready although a lot of people do it for birthdays as well now, time it was stopped altogether.

Nippy Jen, hope you are recovering ok from your biopsies. Takes a while to get over the GA. Do take care. God bless.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2016, 07:01 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Sunny here today very different from yesterday thank goodness as I am driving Mark to Harlow while Gorden starts fitting the shower.

Hope Lona is better today June.
LG well done to the dogs and glad you had a good day out.
Sue I think LG is hinting at some loganberry jam next year maybe. I bought my mum a Nelly Moser clematis not long after I was married in 1977 for washing our huge curtains and ironing them. It had flowers the size of dinner plates and it was still going strong when we sold her house in 2011/12.
Hope griff and Nippy Jen and Harvey hope there were no more fireworks and everyone are well and all our four legged friends too.
I'm with everyone else on the firework situation ban them from public sale, one night a year like it used to be but controlled display only.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2016, 09:05 AM
Lona looking good this morning. Can't say the same for her grandaughter who has been at it AGAIN sadly for her once she'd pulled the bricks off the matting, then pulled the matting out, there was nowhere for her to go A work of minutes to sweep out, sweep mats, put them back and replace bricks.
I'm going to get her to training today, all being well. Will take her for a walk with Lona on the little park and let her loose, if she comes back sound we'll go.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2016, 09:37 AM
Morning all
All is well with me thanks Moyra
Thing with Fireworks is.....they are so damn expensive anyway and i personally think people are nuts for buying them, you may as well burn tenners Lol (can you tell i am always skint?) i use a product called noise remedy, it is homeopathic...yes LG homeopathic but it does actually work, luckily my 2 don't seem too fussed at the moment by them...if they start barking they get a squeaky ball and that settles them right down.
off to Steves this afternoon for a little bit...most likely half an hour as the buses are only every half an hour on a sunday so the journey takes twice as long...groan
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2016, 10:24 AM
Have a lovely time Griff. I agree about the fireworks, the price is ridiculous for what you get. Girls aren't really fussed about it luckily. Mabs hides, but she does that if anyone's got drills and stuff going, so nothing new there
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2016, 10:25 AM
Good morning everyone

Safe journey to Harlow Lynn and hope the fitting of shoes goes well for Gorden. Hopefully the garage can get to the route of your problem and then hassel free motoring for the future.

Hope Zen doesn't come back lame from her walk and you can get her to training so at least she will be brain tired tonight.

Have a nice quiet day Moyra

Hope your visit to Steve goes well Griff don't let him upset you.

Well done to the girls Gordon I expect they were in strong competition and after all it is the judge on the day and you came home with the best dogs.

Sorry you are having to put up with fireworks so early Harvey and you have all my sympathy for the dogs as having lived with one that was petrified I know only too well what you have to live through.

Sorry can't grow loganberries there as there is insufficient sun so no jam for you Gordon. Will have a look at clematis as they are pretty hardy and then some ground covering plants along the front as it is very narrow now I can grow a bush at the back so will look at those too - fancy an acer that doesn't grow too tall.

Warm and sunny here today. Teazle walked and have also emptied pots of carrots and one cucumber plant and all the compost has been put down on that bit of the garden to help break the soil. Have also made macaroni cheese some for my lunch today and the rest in the freezer.

Have a good day and stay safe and hope everyone is keeping well
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2016, 10:48 AM
Sue, i am sure whatever you plant it will turn out fab!!! i am clueless with plants. I won't let Steve upset me....i don't let him bother me at all, i have made it plain that i am his mate and if he needs me i will be there...i have surprised myself that i haven't lost my temper and phoned to have him battered, i have put myself in his shoes and seen things from his perspective and know that he needs time to sort himself out...being kind to somebody doesn't cost anything and i don't think he has had anyone be kind to him for a very vey long time
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Enjoy your afternoon griff. Sorry there has been some destruction again June.
Glad Lona seems on the up though and hopefully Zen will come back sound from her walk and training can start.
No macaroni cheese for Barry then Sue.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2016, 11:14 AM
Morning all.

Got called out for work last night 2.25am got back home 4.30am nothing to be seen but alarm activated so off I went as on call we do it in twos on a rota basis so my turn every 5 week so not to bad.
But horrible having your sleep pattern disturbed too tired to stay up and not warm enough to sleep in the garden

Watching the great north run Mo Farah won, but the American ran well into 2nd pace. I always enjoy the Great North Run.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2016, 02:24 PM
3 clematis plant now in, got them half price as the garden centre was over stocked and end of selling season for them. Have to wait now to see if they take but had to use the hole borer again as the ground is like rock and in was hard clay.

later on we will put a couple of plants behind trellis as well
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >