Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 03:02 PM

Recommend Dog Friendly Campsites?

Can anyone recommend a dog friendly campsite in Yorkshire, Lake District or Lancashire. We are taking Brodie for her first camping holiday and as some may already know the usual site we go to (in Keswick) have millions of curfews and I hate being told off on holiday.
We want to be able to laugh after 10.30 and enjoy the pleasure of having our dogs without having to keep them locked up in the car because they might frighten little children.
It's the Northern Inuit dog show in Manchester on 21st and we want to be fairly close so we can make the trip in one day as we come from Northumerland we dont want to drive too far down.
Maybe their is a book or magazine that lists them that anyone may know of?
Were not bothered about clubhouses or 5* toilet blocks just a plain old field with a loo & shower will do us fine.
Thought you were the best educated to ask, hope their are some campers amonst you?
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Try www.cades.co.uk You can search for a site with dog friendly as criteria
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Thanks for that Heather, we obviously dont have many campers on here with any good site stories. I have ordered the Cades book as when I looked on the website I picked out 4 to stay at so we may end up on a pitch a night.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
Thanks for that Heather, we obviously dont have many campers on here with any good site stories. I have ordered the Cades book as when I looked on the website I picked out 4 to stay at so we may end up on a pitch a night.
No problem, glad to help. We have stayed on heaps of campsites with the dog(we only had Tia then) but mainly seaside places so can't recommend a particular site for ya. Happy camping
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Its given me a start we have stayed at the same site for 8 years and have got fed up with the rules. I have picked one out in Ormskirk which will be great for Knowlsley Safari Park, Southport and the dog show in Manchester but will keep an open mind till we get the book as I spotted so many lovely ones in the lakes which I adore.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Hi I know of a fab site its called Gibraltar Farm, its in Silverdale which is in Lancashire, not far from Carnforth and the M6.

It is a working farm, they allow dogs and its right next to a beach (shingle/rocky) on which you can walk your dogs etc.

We have been a couple of times and they positively welcome dogs.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Oh and they have their own little wood, which is private property and goes right down to the beach.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Thanks for that Roxy just been on the website to have a look, is it small? It sounds it which is ideal for us, and its in the Cades book which I ordered today so will read up on it when it arrives. On the website however it doesnt show dogs allowed.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2005, 04:01 PM
They definitely allow dogs, Iv taken my two and also I have met many dogs on the site. It isnt a large site. Has a toilet block with showers, beautiful scenery and lovely walks.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2005, 04:14 PM
These are some pictures taken at the site:

The last picture is taken in the private wood so isnt very good.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 021.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 022.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 028.jpg
Views:	308