Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Isn't this all getting a bit ridiculous now?? why can't the Armed Forced be drafted in in these situations? the Police don't appear to be having much of an effect!
They're too busy getting killed in something that isn't really our concern
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:08 PM
I was listening to that stupid goverment woman tonight on the news, saying they will be bought to justice. Oh yeah I am sure they are are really scared now knowing they may get a slap on the wrist for being so naughty.
It makes me so mad that there is just no deterrent nowadays. Nobody has respect for the police or anyone these days and the police are being cut so much they can't control things like this, its all very scary and I really feel for the people who are living through the nightmare.
They want to bring out the water canons and cool them all off, round them up and send them all off to do some national service.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know what these riots are about?

All I found was "social deprivation and lack of policing of black and ethnic minorities"
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Its about nike trainers and lcd tv's..
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Does anyone know what these riots are about?

All I found was "social deprivation and lack of policing of black and ethnic minorities"
A man got shot dead by the police on Thursday, the locals objected. Peaceful protest in Tottenham at the weekend ended up in a riot.

This has now escalated across London and even Birmingham. It seems to have been co-ordinated by the internet to "make a statement", mostly seems to be young black hoodies and gangs It's not political though, it's young idiots using it as an excuse to loot and vandalise.

It is scary. No fires near me but I have friends in Croydon. A friend and her 10 year old son got caught up in the Tottenham riot after visiting the football ground, her son was terrified and ended up in floods of tears. It makes me disgusted to be a Londoner What the hell do these people think this will acheive?

And why oh why are the police still faffing about after all these recent riots? We need water canons!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:20 PM
My friend just had to get through croydon on foot,as v says its burning,riot police bricks everywhere,....I wasn worried til I just got a call to see how I was and to stay indoors
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Why wont they use water cannons?

The only recent riots I've ever heard about here were due to losses in hockey games... Vancouver and Calgary both.

It's just dumb
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Apparently our only water cannons are out in Northern Ireland. It's not like they haven't had warnings, first the student riots (they smashed their way into the building where I work!), then the cuts riots, yet they haven't learned or made any decent contincengy plans

It's in Ealing now....that's too close for comfort.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

08-08-2011, 09:29 PM
These are not protests... send in the army!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-08-2011, 09:30 PM
The schools are off the weather is nice and they rob carpetright and iceland :S
I saw pictures of someone riding a bike out of halfords carrying another bike over their head :S
Page 3 of 47 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »