View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

08-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Sorry...this pretty much sums up my opinion on it.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...national-shame
It says:
Tottaly agree with you

One horse has died already this year:
http://www.animalaid.org.uk/h/n/NEWS/news_horse//2457//
Oh its only one what does that matter yes people will say its sad but dont do anything about it and oh its all part of life - says it all for me - lets put animals in danger for our entertainment.

Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I do agree that is incredibly sad how many horses have lost their lives over the years at aintree as the death of any animal is always sad but I do think the Grand National is part of British sporting heritage and should remain on the sporting calendar. However maybe more could be done to make it safer for both the horses and the jockey's.
Why is it sad if its part of British sporting heritage? If its in our heritage that we put animals lives at risk for our entertainment quite frankly its not a heritage I want to continue. As Ramble said so was badger baiting, cock fighting etc should we be bringing those back?

Undoubtedly more could be done...but it isn't because then it wouldn't be such good 'sport' for people to watch. Dog and cock fighting were also part of British 'sporting' heritage...there is no need to continue with any animal cruelty IMO and the Grand National is just that...cruel. There WILL be horses injured/killed tomorrow...for what?????

Couldn't agree more Claire.
Good post Rambles

Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
I was hoping this may be a discussion about the race, rather than an argument about horse racing

Could you not have started an anti thread Ramble? It seems like every post is just a reason to argue.
Remind me when you were made a mod?
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Oh my.

Well, I'm sticking to my original bet I think - nothing named red!

I have no interest in arguing about the pro and cons of horse racing. Shall I put that in bold, to make it easier to understand?

Golden Kite is a possible maybe at 66 to 1
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Tottaly agree with you

Oh its only one what does that matter yes people will say its sad but dont do anything about it and oh its all part of life - says it all for me - lets put animals in danger for our entertainment.

Why is it sad if its part of British sporting heritage? If its in our heritage that we put animals lives at risk for our entertainment quite frankly its not a heritage I want to continue. As Ramble said so was badger baiting, cock fighting etc should we be bringing those back?

Good post Rambles

Remind me when you were made a mod?
Hi you xxxxx
I agree with everything you said. I suppose we are now having a conversation though so would it be rude for anyone else to join in?
Ah, no, not rude, just joining in on a forum
spot
Dogsey Veteran

08-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Me too but I wanted to acknowledge Ramble's contribution to the thread even though it's maybe not the response I was looking for.

As I have said it is incredibly sad that horses die in these races or as a result of them but with no disrespect intended I am often dubious of the types of sites given in the links posted as they only paint one side of the story.

These horses are trained for such events and it never seems like the horses don't enjoy it.
How many sides are there to horses dieing for the entertainment of us? Tell me please what the other side is to these deaths?

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
££££££££££
Aint that the truth

Originally Posted by Azz View Post
But this is a dog lovers forum where you're more than likely going to encounter... animal lovers

Who are obviously going to want to air their opinion on the matter
No Azz this is a site for dog lovers and even then its debatable - that does not mean everyone is an animal lover. Sorry
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Oh my.

I have no interest in arguing about the pro and cons of horse racing. Shall I put that in bold, to make it easier to understand?

Why are you discussing it then?
So...you are obviously not willing to answer my question when I was happy enough to answer yours and give reasons.
Seems a little one sided.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
How many sides are there to horses dieing for the entertainment of us? Tell me please what the other side is to these deaths?

Aint that the truth

No Azz this is a site for dog lovers and even then its debatable - that does not mean everyone is an animal lover. Sorry
I agree again.
Can you imagine if the agility jumps etc were made so difficult that dogs died whilst doing agility runs???? The outcry there would be????
It's okay though huh, it's only horses...and it's only a bit of fun having a little flutter on the National...shouldn't take it so seriously...the horses love it.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

08-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Hi you xxxxx
I agree with everything you said. I suppose we are now having a conversation though so would it be rude for anyone else to join in?
Ah, no, not rude, just joining in on a forum
Hiya mate xxx

Your right we are now having a conversation! Yep its about something someone posted on a forum for discussion!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Oh my.

I don't think anyone was out to change your mind....just to express their own opinions as to why they will not be betting.

I hope your horse and the rest make it to the end.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I'm with Ramble, Nippy, Luthien and the other antis.

Vile sport.
It is vile.
Think Nippy is a pro.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 09:44 PM
It is vile.
Think Nippy is a pro.
so is Luthien...
Page 7 of 52 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »