Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
As my initials are GB a personalised plate would be too expensive!

I saw a great one a locally few years back WHO 1, I often wondered who it belonged to.
Oooh thats a good one..maybe a Doctor Who fan or a member/fan of the band?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Sorry if i offend anyone but personally i find personalised number plates ostentatious flashy - can't stand all that rubbish ! not into status symbols sorry!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Sorry if i offend anyone but personally i find personalised number plates ostentatious flashy - can't stand all that rubbish ! not into status symbols sorry!
Thats funny 'cause I also have a sunviser that says 'ostentatious and flashy'

Life would be very boring if we were all the same
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I agree...waste of money if you ask me.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Blimey I fought this for years, hubby kept on and on about a personalised number but I didn't want one
When I heard that the registration plates were changing to the new format I relented because I wanted a plate in the old format, dunno why.
At the time it was my 50th birthday and our pearl wedding anniversary.
So I got P50 and my initials. All we could afford
I would have liked JEN1E but didn't have 6k at the time
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 06:46 PM
I have one.......similar lay out to the one you like, one letter two numbers then three letters,
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Mine is 1 letter 1number and 3 letters, I originally bought it to go on a T reg car to replace the previous owners personalised plate, which he was retaining. So as I had to have a new number I thought I would choose my own. As it was a T reg Bmw 540i I started with the T's and tried to come up with something unique to me. My initials are SZ so no chance of a personalised plate, don't like my first name so certainly wouldn't want that in any shape or form. I just searched through the dvla site and chose T8ERS it's a word I use for when it's cold, it was a T reg, and it's Hers so covered all bases. Hardly ostentatious or tacky but I like it and will continue to put it on each new car I have.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Crikey...I didn't know that people got so offended by things like this, surely they are just for fun and having one doesn't mean you are better off or more flashy than someone that has the normal number plate.

I don't think I will change personality if I do decide to buy one...I'm not flashy or ostentatious now so hardly think a car number plate with something that is meaningful to me will make me stick out from the norm.

I can understand if you are having something outrageous like the plate Pidge mentioned that you would get people stop and stare, but just a run of the mill plate with either your initials or pet name etc. surely can't be any harm, can it?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Crikey...I didn't know that people got so offended by things like this, surely they are just for fun and having one doesn't mean you are better off or more flashy than someone that has the normal number plate.

i don't think I will change personality if I do decide to buy one...I'm not flashy or ostentatious now so hardly think a car number plate with something that is meaningful to me will make me stick out from the norm.

I can understand if you are having something outrageous like the plate Pidge mentioned that you would get people stop and stare, but just a run of the mill plate with either your initials or pet name etc. surely can't be any harm, can it?
Of cause it doesn`t make you ostentatious or flashy, and you have no need to apoligies either .

..if some feel offended or feel its flash.. then thats their problem.

You spend your money on what ever you want... if you want a Private number go for it..after all £150 or whatever it costs is not setting you in the millionaire bracket..

Some people smoke , drink , shop,more than that amount of money away in a couple of wks..do they get made to feel they are ostentatious ...

Go for it, enjoy it, and dont feel any remorse for doing so..

If it makes you happy, GOOD!!

I
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 08:36 PM
LOL....Ostentatious and flashy are two words that would NEVER apply to me..but I don't drink, don't smoke, don't go out, don't go abroad..so if I want a private reg number I will get one..

There is a woman lives in our town she drives a yellow sports car..and is around 40ish..she is blonde, leggy and has the most outrageous dress sense..and her reg number reads KINKY..and the only thing I thought was.......

Poor kid LOL..when she was dropping her little girl off at school..
Page 4 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »