Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
coz people DO let me out in a Beemer, whereas Dave always said they don't, maybe it's my smile they like though!!!!
No doubt about it H people would do anything for that smile So glad you're still talking to me I know you love your shiny black seven series* and why not indeed

* I think I'm right but only going from memory but maybe with all you've had going on it's not 'shiny' today
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
On this I cant agree with you.

I think when we are born we all have a clean sheet..but we become what we become through many aspects of life.

And their are people in this world who are EVIL through and through..

I totally agree with you. there seems to be a pattern going this way.. at every opportunity continuous remarks about the " bad members" .

Who gives one member the right to accuse others of being bad members.

Is that not judgmental in itself.

Surely if such members existed , Admin would deal with them.

As you say it is a public forum where you will have hundreds of opinions on one subject.. and everyone is entitled to voice them.

I also feel it is unjust of all this bullying accusations being thrown around.. I have seen no evidence of it.

Passionate debate yes, bullying no.

You know over the yrs this forum has been going , we have seen some humdingers of debates on here, people have strong opinions , and we voice them..

But the one thing that always makes me proud to be a member here is that , no matter how much we differ on opinions, we will all act like adults... we can voice a strong opinion, and we can bicker till the cows come home with each other , yet the next day we can also agree and unite with the same people we where not 24 hrs ago arguing profusely.

It is what makes a good forum, difference of opinions.. and the ability to unite the next day.

It seems that way recently doesn't it.. people taking different opinions as a personal slur.. and shouting it from the roof tops!!

Personally I am not the sit on the fence type of person, never have been and I am to old to change now.

I have an opinion and will voice it.. if others disagree I have no problem with that.

It would never do for us all to agree on all aspects of life.

One thing that unites us here, and has done for yrs.. is the welfare of the canine.

We dislike and disaprove of bad breeders , we love good one.

But we continually get accused of being anti breeder when we dare to raise concerns

But there is the million to one question, is what is a good breeder, and as it shows up on a regular basis , different people will see it differently.

Originally

Or maybe they just did not see it, or they have not been around for the weekend.

There sometimes can be a simple explanation, with out an undercurrent being set!!

Wooooooooo - a bit defensive there!!!! Still, understandable, I suppose Undercurrrents; you got me there, can't say I know what you're talking about Just giving opinions No-one's making waves Nice to see that you are still picking up on everything I say though Never one to disappoint are you, Jackbox
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:53 PM

I think when we are born we all have a clean sheet..but we become what we become through many aspects of life.

I totally agree with you. there seems to be a pattern going this way.. at every opportunity continuous remarks about the " bad members" .

As you say it is a public forum where you will have hundreds of opinions on one subject.. and everyone is entitled to voice them.

I also feel it is unjust of all this bullying accusations being thrown around.. I have seen no evidence of it.

You know over the yrs this forum has been going , we have seen some humdingers of debates on here, people have strong opinions , and we voice them..

But the one thing that always makes me proud to be a member here is that , no matter how much we differ on opinions, we will all act like adults... we can voice a strong opinion, and we can bicker till the cows come home with each other , yet the next day we can also agree and unite with the same people we where not 24 hrs ago arguing profusely.

It is what makes a good forum, difference of opinions.. and the ability to unite the next day.

It seems that way recently doesn't it.. people taking different opinions as a personal slur.. and shouting it from the roof tops!!

Personally I am not the sit on the fence type of person, never have been and I am to old to change now.

I have an opinion and will voice it.. if others disagree I have no problem with that.

One thing that unites us here, and has done for yrs.. is the welfare of the canine.

But we continually get accused of being anti breeder when we dare to raise concerns

But there is the million to one question, is what is a good breeder, and as it shows up on a regular basis , different people will see it differently.

Originally

Or maybe they just did not see it, or they have not been around for the weekend.

There sometimes can be a simple explanation, with out an undercurrent being set!!
Good post

That is why I love Dogsey as well, I love Dogsey because of all the differing opinions and that you can have a good discussion on one thread and agree on another without it spilling over.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Well at nearly 60 I don't think I am going to change now. If I feel that something is wrong then I have to say my piece, wether that be in the outside world or on forums. The thing that really gets me ranting is bad breeding practices, and liars. I just can't keep my mouth shut then
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Oh dear I didn't finish my post then I hit the reply instead of the smiley button, see thats a sign of age isnt it. I think if you go on many forums as I do you see different stories coming out from the same member. And you just think to yourself hang on this isn't right, then I have to say something, but I do try my best to be as civil as I can. Maybe it doesnt always come across like that, but I try.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

14-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Losos, I often wonder if those who have BIG opinions on Dogsey, are the same in real life. I am known for "saying it how it is" in real life. However, I've heard that there are many people that get carried away behind the safety of a pc I was hoping to see some of those that are known on Dogsey for "speaking their mind", give their opinions on this thread but, sadly, they don't seem to have an opinion on this particular subject
How about naming those you would like to see answer on this thread - they/we may not know who you are talking about. I do wonder though if you would say to someone

you are ugly - that's why you are so bitter!!!!!

louise13 - as usual you jump on the bitch wagon. Enjoy yourself love, something tells me all three of you need to get some enjoyment in your life. Perhaps you don't have a man that looks after you - poor sad "ladies" (I use the term loosely).

You tell me to grow up sounds like you've well and truly grown up, into a miserable, nasty old hag.:
Now I have had differences with lots of people on here regarding different issues but I would never resort to that sort of abuse.

In fact some of the really big arguements I have had have ended up with us being friends = we were just coming from different angles.

Originally

We've had our differences but I totally agree with this and I would like to hope, actually I know, we agree on many things but our differences do not get that petty

[/B]

Wooooooooo - a bit defensive there!!!! Still, understandable, I suppose Undercurrrents; you got me there, can't say I know what you're talking about Just giving opinions No-one's making waves Nice to see that you are still picking up on everything I say though Never one to disappoint are you, Jackbox
I dont see defensive just a well thought out post

Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Well at nearly 60 I don't think I am going to change now. If I feel that something is wrong then I have to say my piece, wether that be in the outside world or on forums. The thing that really gets me ranting is bad breeding practices, and liars. I just can't keep my mouth shut then
Sorry but this is very argumentative - are you really nearly 60? I think thats a fib

I think many of us are passionate about certain subjects and Im sure many know mine, thats where the arguements can come from, but on other issues we can all agree on so its not about disrespecting others just more about our passions..
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
How about naming those you would like to see answer on this thread - they/we may not know who you are talking about. I do wonder though if you would say to someone

Now I have had differences with lots of people on here regarding different issues but I would never resort to that sort of abuse.

In fact some of the really big arguements I have had have ended up with us being friends = we were just coming from different angles.

We've had our differences but I totally agree with this and I would like to hope, actually I know, we agree on many things but our differences do not get that petty

I dont see defensive just a well thought out post

Sorry but this is very argumentative - are you really nearly 60? I think thats a fib

I think many of us are passionate about certain subjects and Im sure many know mine, thats where the arguements can come from, but on other issues we can all agree on so its not about disrespecting others just more about our passions..

Well, Spot, another one never to disappoint Yes, this is the kind of posting I'm talking about! Where you are actually searching old threads and so on, just to force your point. Like I said already, if someone starts with me, they'll get it back and moreso. Everything I have said to certain people on here, I would have absolutely no problem saying to their faces. I don't just start trouble for no reason but when people start provoking (pretty much like you are with your post) I can quite categorically say I don't give a damn. It's a case of if you like to start bad feeling, go ahead. I'm not one to go running...........Real life and internet. You are one of the ones I was talking about on here.

As for your not resorting to "abuse" - yeah right - the way you have pursued people over their acts/views, amounts to abuse in mine and other peoples' books It's just that you do it under the guise of "caring" when really you just love to start a good old fashioned argument!

And as for me not saying what I've said above to those peoples' faces, just shows you don't know me at all. If I were face to face with those people, I'd have said a whole lot more - trust The only difference is, in real life I wouldn't "mix" with people that I differed from so vastly. I dare say though, in true SPOT style, your whole post was to get a big hoohar going again between me and the people in those posts but you wasted your time, because they are all on "ignore" - so better luck next time, eh

You have just proved by your post what many of us have said. There are members on here that just love to provoke and continue trouble, even rounding up together on occasions to do so. Consider yourself "ignored"
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 06:53 AM

I have to say I now consider Spot a friend on here and agree with most of what she has said above.We have had our differences, but were indeed coming at something from a different angle and ended up having more in common than to debate about.

The vast majority of people on this site are able to 'discuss' not resort to petty arguments that turn both nasty and personal. There are some that do allow things to become personal, I can't stand that. Discussions and debates are great things for making you think...I have changed my opinion about and learnt a lot on here.As I have already mentioned, a lot of people on this forum are now friends...after having huge debates with them. I love the fact that we can all discuss things on one thread in quite a heated manner...yet be on another thread having a laugh or PMing each other about something.
Well, Spot, another one never to disappoint Yes, this is the kind of posting I'm talking about! Where you are actually searching old threads and so on, just to force your point. Like I said already, if someone starts with me, they'll get it back and moreso. Everything I have said to certain people on here, I would have absolutely no problem saying to their faces. I don't just start trouble for no reason but when people start provoking (pretty much like you are with your post) I can quite categorically say I don't give a damn. It's a case of if you like to start bad feeling, go ahead. I'm not one to go running...........Real life and internet. You are one of the ones I was talking about on here.

As for your not resorting to "abuse" - yeah right - the way you have pursued people over their acts/views, amounts to abuse in mine and other peoples' books It's just that you do it under the guise of "caring" when really you just love to start a good old fashioned argument!

And as for me not saying what I've said above to those peoples' faces, just shows you don't know me at all. If I were face to face with those people, I'd have said a whole lot more - trust The only difference is, in real life I wouldn't "mix" with people that I differed from so vastly. I dare say though, in true SPOT style, your whole post was to get a big hoohar going again between me and the people in those posts but you wasted your time, because they are all on "ignore" - so better luck next time, eh

You have just proved by your post what many of us have said. There are members on here that just love to provoke and continue trouble, even rounding up together on occasions to do so. Consider yourself "ignored":lol:
I disagree with that. I think there are members with the same opinions on here about things that will post on the same threads. Remember some members have been posting on here for years and so know each other well. It isn't ganging up, it's just that they agree. In all honesty I have found some of the newer members much more likely to 'gang up' and be personal than the older ones (in all honesty CC yourself included in that at points).

I like Dogsey because there are people on here who are friends and great debaters. It makes me think.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 06:58 AM
[QUOTE=Jackbox;1658565]

I also feel it is unjust of all this bullying accusations being thrown around..
I have seen no evidence of it.

Is this a joke ?

Who said "bad members"

There was a thread on here recently, someone had posted to ask for advice regarding her bitch that may have become pregnant by her dog, spaying etc and some people on that thread were relentless - i haven't seen her on here since and i can't say i'm surprised !
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-04-2009, 08:29 AM

In fact some of the really big arguments I have had have ended up with us being friends = we were just coming from different angles.

Well Spot you and me have had some humdingers in the past, and probably will have a few in the future

And sometimes things can get close to the knuckle in many a debate on her.

But I also have great admiration for you in your relentless fight for the cause you are so passionate about.

And like you will continue to air my views in an adult manner

Like I said already, if someone starts with me, they'll get it back and moreso. Everything I have said to certain people on here, I would have absolutely no problem saying to their faces. I don't just start trouble for no reason but when people start provoking (pretty much like you are with your post) I can quite categorically say I don't give a damn. It's a case of if you like to start bad feeling, go ahead. I'm not one to go running...........Real life and internet. You are one of the ones I was talking about on here.
You seem to only be able to see things from your own prospective, and take it as a personal slur if someone dares to disagree or pull you up on something.

Your tirade at Spot is a perfect example.

You have added her to your "enemy " list, yet to date I cant see where she has given you cause to do so, other than this!!

Who starts the bad feeling, YOU DO!! you are the one who takes things as a personal insult... if we ALL reacted to difference of opinions as you do, we would have no forum

The majority of members will argue their point, and yes they get heated, but in all the yrs of being here, there have only been one or two who act like you do.

Calling people ugly and resorting to childish name calling...shouting abuse and resorting to playground behaviour.

You shout from the roof tops at every opportunity that you are NOT judgemental... yet prove it on a daily basis.

You have just proved by your post what many of us have said. There are members on here that just love to provoke and continue trouble, even rounding up together on occasions to do so. Consider yourself "ignored"

AS YOU ARE DOING NOW!!

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I
The vast majority of people on this site are able to 'discuss' not resort to petty arguments that turn both nasty and personal. .
And sadly it seems to be going over some peoples heads.. that you can have a heated debate and still remain civil;
Page 6 of 32 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »