Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2017, 06:42 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday 5th September

Good morning all, the days are sure whizzing by. I have a load of washing I should do but not sure whether it will be suitable for drying outdoors today and I don't particularly want a load of wet washing hanging around indoors.

I hope Kofie is on the mend June and will soon be back to normal, must be a worry for your friend.

Lynn, hope the outside walls have dried out nicely now. Hope
Dillon is doing ok now.

Griff, I hope all is well with your girls and yourself too.

Mandy, hope they do put you on the tills so you can rest your hip.

Harvey, Brenda, Jenny, sue and Barry, hope you are all fighting fit along with your 4 legged friends.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2017, 08:12 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope the weather clears so you can get your washing dry outside.

Mandy hope you get a till job on your return just don't go overdoing it.

Hope everyone two and four legged are well

Have managed to get Teazle out for a walk between drizzly showers. That is my gardening put to rest for the day

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.

Same sort of weather here today to Moyra, I have washing sitting ready to go out if not it will have to go on the airer. Walls have dried out nicely thank you.
Is Amber's leg ok now ?

Sue you will just have to sit and drink coffee.
Mandy glad to hear you will be put on light duties. Enjoy your day and look forward to the photo.
June do hope Kofi is improving today. Might be one of those things you never really know what it was.
Hope everyone not mentioned is well and all four legged friends are to.

I have to get Dillon out and then do some rubbing down in the hall and touch up some patches with emulsion.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Horrendous this morning. Rain really coming down and got wet just taking breakfasts out. On the plus side there was not a sound or movement till I opened the back door then they all shot out for brekkies. Everywhere dry as a bone, made quick work of the clean up then everyone came straight back in and settled down and back to sleep I suspect. New house has done its job and everyone happy meaning I am too and no more worry on that score.
Long term forecast is dry to tomorrow then rain for about a week which probably means my wall won't go up because they'll get behind. Just thankful the house is up at long last.
No word about my coal delivery as yet either, was dreading them deciding to do it today.
Bone run this morning, then meeting my friends daughter while I'm up there
Have a good day, no point in doing washing in this, so watch telly instead and blow the housework
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Morning all
Moyra, i am good thanks and so are the poochies...thanks for asking
We have rain...i am going out and have no shoes to go with my dress that won't involve my feet getting wet..hmmmm, oh well i will dry out Lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Snap for the rain here, but luckily I am at work today 12.30 till 9pm so no worries there, Brook been out this morning she is not a rain dog unless her lead is on..........LOL.......

Moyra have I missed something whats wrong with Ambers leg?

Right off too work I go.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Back from the bone run, got a decent haul that will keep us going a while. Torrential rain on the motorway but just kept chugging along and ignored the eejits wanting to break the land speed record in wet weather screaming past me in the outside lane in a cloud of spray. Had a nice chat with my friends daughter and then thankfully the rain had ceased, and a better drive home.
Everything bagged and in the freezer, got some to go in the one I've just defrosted,switched it on when I went out this morning so will fill that when I've had a butty and a brew.
Got a note from Hermes, claiming they've been trying to deliver since Saturday, well as there was no note and they've not left it with a neighbour, not much I can do. Will ring them later, they are probably trying to deliver when I am out with the girls in the mornings.
Hoping you dried off Griff, what about wellies, matching of course
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
New house has done its job and everyone happy meaning I am too and no more worry on that score.
June, that is good news. It's taken a while but not for want of trying on your part. I find dealing with contractors is such a pain these days.

Our new neighbour (Where neanderthal man lived) was talking to me over the garden fence recently. Poor women was in despair, they have a lot of work to do on the house and all they get from builders, plumbers, gardeners, is promises promises, but never turn up when they say, have loads of excuses, she said it was giving her depression
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2017, 01:32 PM
Glad the bone run went well June.
Harvey I can relate to how your neighbour feels. We had the same that's why in the end Gorden did the stairs himself. Most of the other jobs to.
The ones you can get in like we did first time around for the boiler beware. As we found out.
Am a tad worried we might get the same problems again. We will be more careful this time around though and as for boilers I feel like I have a degree in the workings of them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Yeah, like Lynn, I identify and empathise completely with your new neighbour, Harvey. Pity she's not nearer to me, I at least can thoroughly recommend the joiner who did the girls new house, he decorates as well apparently, so my friends daughter told me today. Doesn't do plumbing or electrics though
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >