Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I don't see it as leadership either, you are simply training a dog, ensuring that it understands the rules.
However, you didn't answer my question as to whether you think the methods CM uses and are shown on his programmes are abusive or not?
Becky
Well you can see it as whatever you see fit, as will I. What is leadership if not showing the way. As for the question it not only has nothing to do with recall, I have answered at length several times in the past on various threads. My response to e-collars can be seen on the debate about the snakes and e-collar thread, whatever that was called. i don't call a nudge with a foot a kick I think that's absurd. What others call jabbing, I call a poke as I tend to only use one finger. etc etc.
As for abuse it comes in verbal and written form too especially on CM threads so maybe he isn't the only one who should stand accused.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

01-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Read them.
Still think the same.
What all three? maybe you should have another go cos frankly some of the stuff you write shows no knowledge of what he's written.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well you can see it as whatever you see fit, as will I. What is leadership if not showing the way. As for the question it not only has nothing to do with recall, I have answered at length several times in the past on various threads. My response to e-collars can be seen on the debate about the snakes and e-collar thread, whatever that was called. i don't call a nudge with a foot a kick I think that's absurd. What others call jabbing, I call a poke as I tend to only use one finger. etc etc.
As for abuse it comes in verbal and written form too especially on CM threads so maybe he isn't the only one who should stand accused.
So you 'nudge' and 'poke' your dogs then?
Becky
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 10:30 AM
What all three? maybe you should have another go cos frankly some of the stuff you write shows no knowledge of what he's written.
Or just shows a different persepctive on things huh? I have read 2.
ETA I have no interest in reading more.....I read one of Jan Fennells and that was enough...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 10:31 AM
He used his whole hand and slapped the dog on the link I posted...perhaps he says one thing and does another...
On the other link I posted he spoke quite clearly about the importance of dominance.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

01-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
So you 'nudge' and 'poke' your dogs then?
Becky
Yes i do, gonna call the rspca?
I also give their ar$e$ a firm slapping but that's in play and they queue up for that one.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

01-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Or just shows a different persepctive on things huh? I have read 2.
ETA I have no interest in reading more.....I read one of Jan Fennells and that was enough...
Not the perspective I was talking about but the way you write shows no knowledge of what you've read I'm not asking you to agree with what he writes but show knowledge of it if indeed you've read it. I agree you'd need a medal for Jan Fennell I couldn't get into it at all and gave up. Total twaddle
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

01-08-2009, 10:36 AM
He used his whole hand and slapped the dog on the link I posted...perhaps he says one thing and does another...
On the other link I posted he spoke quite clearly about the importance of dominance.
It's a word with several interpretations as you well know and in the book he says quite clearly what his interpretation is.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Not the perspective I was talking about but the way you write shows no knowledge of what you've read I'm not asking you to agree with what he writes but show knowledge of it if indeed you've read it. I agree you'd need a medal for Jan Fennell I couldn't get into it at all and gave up. Total twaddle

I deserve more than a medal...I managed not to swear at it when my son was in the room..

I suppose it is about how you approach what you read at the end of the day, that makes what you take from it different to the next person.
I don't like CM...you do...we will have different views on the book and will have therefore interpreted it/them in different ways.

I managed 2 though...can't say that about Jan Fennell.....or any of her followers...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 10:39 AM
It's a word with several interpretations as you well know and in the book he says quite clearly what his interpretation is.
BUT on tv he said something else and it is the show that the majority of people watch and 'learn' from....
I think his interpetation is wrong...I am allowed to think that. I also think he says one thing on paper and practises another.
Page 19 of 25 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »