View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Yes I believe you can do both and still be a good owner - but I agree with Minihaha there are some people who are not like you and do not put the time in with their dogs, sadly it is the dogs who lose out.

I am lucky as my husband Sid works from home so is with Oz nearly all the time and I work part-time so he is used to plenty of company, training and walks. However, I do know what it is like to work full-time and still have dogs as that is what it was like for us up until a year ago.

I believe dedicated owners who work full-time can often treat their animals better than those who don't work, as they are aware they have to put in extra effort for training/walks/attention etc - I know I did anyway! There are some dog-owners out there whether full-time workers or at home all day and they cannot be bothered with their pets full stop sadly
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 07:08 PM
I work Full-time but leave Jake with a dogminder. The longest I ever leave him on his own is 3 hours while I go shopping. I know my dog and know he would be bored and unhappy on his own all day which is why I decided to go with the dogminder. He has the best of both worlds as his dog minder is a retired dog behaviourist and he loves her to bits and she adores him.

I find because I don't see him 24/7 the time we do spend together is quality time. We do flyball, obedience, agility and PATS work together but first and foremost we have lots of fun
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Some of you think you are in disagreement with Moobli which is what I don't get....

She works and the dogs are left also arn't they?? I think what she is trying to say is that she like to make sure they get alot of outside time into the bargin, right?!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Some of you think you are in disagreement with Moobli which is what I don't get....

She works and the dogs are left also arn't they?? I think what she is trying to say is that she like to make sure they get alot of outside time into the bargin, right?!
I'm sorry, but who has disagreed with the OP's post?
Everyone has agree'd with the OP, and said that you can work and look after your dogs.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 08:59 PM
lol...don't be sorry!

Ok so I jumped the gun, no one actually said they disagreed with Moobli...I saw them agree with you, not her

Anyway ok I got it wrong...lol
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Ok take the other thread out of the question ..

I believe you can work full time and keep a dog
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2