View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Henry would definately be offered back to his breeder if the need arose, but I am certain she would be happy for me to find him a forever home...that is the only thing that got me through the rehoming of my gang...knowing where they were and being able to keep in touch.

Bailey went back to his breeder but the others were found homes by myself, apart from Leon who stayed with me. I had bred most of the others, Tawny was from the papers and I wouldn't have sent her back and Tylers breeder would have stuck him in a kennel for the rest of his life, Remy's breeder had problems of her own.

I shudder to think that I would ever have to go down that path again
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Siren I would rehome myself, although I know her breeder would take her back and/or would help me find a home for her. She would also respect that I could find a good home for her.

The others don't really count.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 01:44 PM
All of ours (apart from rescues) would go back to breeders or atleast offered back.
Apart from Mace he wouldnt. ever. no way. I would rehome him myself.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Kizzy didn't go back to her breeder,I rehomed her myself,but did let her breeder know what was going on.

Meg,I have no doubt her breeder would have her back,however that wouldn't be great for Meg as they have other dogs there and Meg is DA,I wouldn't rehome her as I wouldn't want her going into the wrong environment and owners who think they could deal with her issues but reality couldn't, so I would have her PTS.

Tyler,yes I could send back but I would prefer to rehome myself.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Hannah would go back as she goes there when I am too ill to cope & we see her old mum about every two months & she adores her, (actually being the hussy she is she adores the kennel manager even more) Boyo would be a real problem but my friend says she'd take him to live with her lot.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
All of ours (apart from rescues) would go back to breeders or atleast offered back.
Apart from Mace he wouldnt. ever. no way. I would rehome him myself.
how come never ever? also what would you do with the ones you hav bred yourself hint hint nudge nudge
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Fate forbid I ever find myself in that situation, but if I did...

Pepper's breeder wouldn't be interested, to be honest if I'd found dogsey before I got her I probably wouldn't have her as although he did all the health testing he was more of a commercial breeder.

My boy's breeder is a whole different kettle of fish! She's lovely, we've kept in touch and I'd do it in conjunction with her if I could, or I'd trust her to do it if I had to let them go in a hurry.

Actually I think my parents would probably take Gozo and my Mother-in-law would have the other 2.

J.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Not read the whole thread but yes, both my dogs would, if snuffed it, go back to the breeder, both would be happy to have them back and I would be very happy for them to have them.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
how come never ever? also what would you do with the ones you hav bred yourself hint hint nudge nudge
I cant see it every happening with any of them
But ones mum bred I guess she would rehome her self.
Mace wouldnt because alot come about, and I think I could find him a much better home then his breeders.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 06:23 PM
None of mine would go back to breeders- not because they were bad, but because i know my dogs better than them and know where they would be happiest.

Maverick and ripley would go to experienced collie and agility homes. Without a doubt.

Sadie (GSD) I would try and find a home as either an only dog or with a male. And to someone with alot of experience with gsd's.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >