Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford1
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-09-2009, 08:16 AM

Best online retailer

I know its personal preference, but do you have a good online store for your pet needs or do you use a local pet store ?
I'm due to collect our Sprocker in a few weeks and need to go shopping ! Dog bed, bowls etc etc, Ive had a look at PetPlanet which seems pretty reasonable, are there any more you can recommend

Many thanks
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Toys, collars & bowls - Wilkinsons.
Beds I need to see first - some look lovely in the picture but are very thin in reality.
Stamford1
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Never thought about Wilkos, good idea.... I also have a Pets at Home store local to where I work so I'll have a good look round there aswell
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2009, 08:27 AM
I use a mix of online suppliers for a whole range of goods as well as the local pet shop. Some places stock things others do not and it pays to shop around.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 08:31 AM
We do a mixture of online and in-store but am doing more and more online lately as we don't have many good pet shops nearby so would have to drive half an hour for superstores.

As c&d said with things like beds I prefer to see it but then I've just bought Montys most recent one online as the shops didn't have what I was looking for.

I think there is another big online one called Dog Online or something like that and they are quite good with a good range.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 08:33 AM
I would always support my local businesses first before big internet companies and chain pet shops. I only use internet shopping for things like wormers, flea treatment, etc., that I can get cheaper online. Everything else I get from my place of work or other local pet shops. Service is a so much better and regulars tend to get better deals on things such as dog food.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 08:50 AM
I use a mixture.

I have a local pet shop owner who comes to my classes so we swap business and both benifit.

But I do use internet shopping for somthings as it is just so much cheaper. I ahve found a couple of good ones - but will always shop around first to see....with internets the big one can be postage - some offer great deals others really hit you with it, but I hvae been very pleased with Zooplus and Netpetshop.
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2009, 09:50 AM
I use ebay lots have got a really great dog bed from there recently. It was much bigger than the ones in PAH, came with a spare cover too. I buy food online cos its much cheaper than in shops.
I think basically its trial and error. Good luck with the shopping.
Harley & Me
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2009, 01:13 PM
We do a lot of online pet shopping due to our location, there are many retailers out there but here are a few we have used:

Pets at home - regular shopper

Zooplus - used to be regular, now every now and again. Nothing wrong with them at all just fancied a change and got some other products we were looking for.

Petplanet - used to be regular for a while, had a few problems so now shop with them occasionally. Still a good online retailer.

Parcel Pets - used to use them but they folded

So in all I guess the ones I would recommend would be Pets at home and Zooplus. Shopped with them both regularly and they offer a good service and excellent products.
Harley & Me
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Oh forgot about the following:

For great tags: Collars and Tags
For our worming and flea products: petfleas . co . uk (take out spaces) Very good prices and some of the cheapest I have found and a good company.

Hope this helps
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >