Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 06:12 PM

Frequency of seasons question

Is it possible for a bitch to have one season straight after another?
Lily came into season as soon as she moved homes and went to the rescue kennels, apparently it often happens with bitches, a change of home brings them into season.
So i waited 4 weeks for her season to end and then yesterday bought her home here.
All was fine till during the night when she obviously bled a bit as there was some blood spots on my bed. This afternoon kyiro has suddenly gone silly and won't stay away from her bottom and is being all silly. He wasn't like this yesterday with her.
She has no swelling left there and I have tried dabbing her twice with white tissue but thats not come away with any blood on it, but Kyiro is smelling different places she has laid as well as pestering her and making silly noises.
Could it be possible she is having another season because she has come to a new home and this one is a really big change for her?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 06:19 PM
I would go to the vets just incase. Bitches are more prone to pyometra right after a season and this can be very serious - better safe than sorry.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 07:36 PM
I do know that bitches can come into season when they have been rehomed, I've had it happen to me. However, I'm not experienced in one coming in so quickly..as advised Bev, I think a chat with the vet would be in order, it could be nothing but best to check. xx
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Yes it happened to me last summer. Sacha has a season and a month later (over a week after her season had finished) we took her back training. Someone with a stud dog said to me she is not out of season, so Sacha was put back into the van. A few days later she had another full season. I did speak to our vet about it and he told me not to worry unless it didn't end they could give her something to stop it. She will be spayed this year.

It can happen but I would always see a vet just incase.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Thankyou I am going to take her to the vet first thing in the morning.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi - Did you have to take Lily to the vets in the end? How is she?