Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
notty
New Member!
Male 

07-08-2009, 09:19 PM

my dog cant stop being sick

my dog ole was diagnosed with kennel cough then with lung worm, but still seven weeks later his glands are really large in his throat wich the vet tells me hes producing mucas wich is making him vomit quite often. just when you think he is getting better he get worse again getting worried now has anyone got any advice ?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by notty View Post
my dog ole was diagnosed with kennel cough then with lung worm, but still seven weeks later his glands are really large in his throat wich the vet tells me hes producing mucas wich is making him vomit quite often. just when you think he is getting better he get worse again getting worried now has anyone got any advice ?
hi,
im sorry ole's not feeling to good
was he diagnosed with lungworm,or was he given a one off treatment?
notty
New Member!
Male 

07-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi,
im sorry ole's not feeling to good
was he diagnosed with lungworm,or was he given a one off treatment?
ole was first diagnosed with kennel cough which the vet give antibiotics for then after x - ray and blood test results three weeks later he was diagnosed with lung worm which she gave further antibiotics,probotic for his stomach,water tablets for water on his lungs and advocate for the lung worm. still didnt see a massive change after a further two weeks. took him back to vet she said she still thought it was a severe case of kennel cough, gave him more water tablets and probotic, wants to see him again on the 20th august dont know if i should wait that long he looks quite ill and is being sick alot. thanks for your reply.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by notty View Post
ole was first diagnosed with kennel cough which the vet give antibiotics for then after x - ray and blood test results three weeks later he was diagnosed with lung worm which she gave further antibiotics,probotic for his stomach,water tablets for water on his lungs and advocate for the lung worm. still didnt see a massive change after a further two weeks. took him back to vet she said she still thought it was a severe case of kennel cough, gave him more water tablets and probotic, wants to see him again on the 20th august dont know if i should wait that long he looks quite ill and is being sick alot. thanks for your reply.
no probs ,how old is ole?
it is possible he does have both,im not sure what you mean by 'water' tablets,im guessing a diuretic?if so why?did you see the x-rays? if his heart is ok,then it could be k.c it can be notorious to shake off,expecialy if he had lungworm to start with he would of been more likely to catch it,is he managing to keep food down? we usualy use a particular antibiotic for k.c.what i would advise is treating with advocate again anyway if its been 4 weeks,but if you are not hapyand have expressed that to your vet,i would advise a second opinion for peace of mind.
macapaca
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2009, 08:33 PM
You say he looks poorly and is vomiting a lot. If I were you I would get him to the vet asap for a 2nd opinion
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 06:47 AM
I wouldn't be happy to wait until the 20th either. A second opinion is needed......

Good luck for Ole and keep us posted please

x0x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 06:50 AM
I agree the if you are worried and he is getting worse he needs to go back to the vets and get another opinion.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I totally agree with that too, I certainly would get Ole to another vet asap.

I do hope he feels better soon and makes a speedy recovery. xxxxx
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I do agree with all the above you cant wait till 20th its too long and you will just be anxious, get booked into the vet asap and good luck hope he recovers very soon.
notty
New Member!
Male 

11-08-2009, 07:26 PM
thanks for everyones replies had ole back to vets he goes back in the morn for swabs off his saliva glands,they wont really tell us anything till they get results at end of week,will keep you all posted.x.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >