View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Sorry to hear of this and I am glad your fur baby is back safe n sound and I hope those horrid children got a telling off too.

We must be very lucky as our regular postman is a gem xxxx
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Really sorry for what happened it must have been really scary. Maybe you could try training Thor to stay by you when the door goes in future? just in case....glad you have him back safe now though.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
It shouldn't matter the age, situation or circumstance of anyone. If a door/gate is shut when entering someones home/land then it should be shut after entering and again on leaving, unless instructed otherwise, it's not rocket science or anything but common sense, awareness.
im not sure anyone has said otherwise?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Thank goodness it was a safe and happy ending. Posties and other deliverymen often seem to think that it's fine to leave the gate open until they actually turn around and leave the premises. It's not is it!

For post or parcels that require signature or being taken in because they are too large for the letterbox, I no longer open the door but open an adjacent window instead. So much safer, although of course if the dog is already out then that is not much help.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Difficult one (although I don't think the bloke's livelihood should be threatened).

As a dog owner, I wouldn't want the postman entering my home to deliver simply because of the risk of doors being left open. Hate to say it, but I would be putting a notice up to say "knock and wait, it may take me time to reach the door".

The safety of our dogs is our responsibility and irksome as this incident was, it sounds like the OP has agreed to the present arrangements? If so the 'risk' factor must have been assessed originally? If not, then the guy simply shouldn't be entering uninvited.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
im not sure anyone has said otherwise?
Wasn't meant as a dig to anyone here at all but about regard n awareness of folk for each other in all walks of life(didn't mean to cause offense).

ps if anyone didn't shut the gate/door after themselves here i would be pretty peed off, what's happened to manners,thought n respect these days? (the thoughts of an old fogey, please excuse )
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4