Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2009, 07:31 PM

Marley and me.

Brilliant film now on film flex. Just watched it and I have laughed cried and sobbed all the way through the film I thoroughly recommend it but be prepared to cry if not in the middle this was particularly personal to me as the same thing happened to me after having Mark and before Michael was born. Then be prepared to sob at the end. Again something very personal to a lot of us Dogsey people. Brilliant film if you get the chance to watch it then I would definately recommend it.
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Having read the book, I couldn't wait for the film.

I watched it three times at the cinema, and countless times with many different people since purchasing the DVD.

Everybody, and I mean everybody, I have watched it with has cried...some sobbing their hearts out like babies!

Brilliant film...and if you've ever loved and lost a dog you will connect with it so much more
doggy_wanted
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Aaawwww!
I have to say I love love LOVE this film and book!!
I don't have my own dog yet, but I was just thinking about my parents dogs and....oh my word....I cried like an actual baby....several times!!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2009, 12:04 AM
I haven't watched it yet, my old boy died in April, so I didnt' think it was a good idea. I'll watch it when I'm feeling stronger x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2009, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
I haven't watched it yet, my old boy died in April, so I didnt' think it was a good idea. I'll watch it when I'm feeling stronger x
I only lost my old girl last month, so, like Lou, it's not possible to watch it just yet.....

I will get round to it at some point.....

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I only lost my old girl last month, so, like Lou, it's not possible to watch it just yet.....

I will get round to it at some point.....

Good idea to watch it when you are not feeling so raw even if you hadn't lost a dog I think it would make you cry.
Recently having lost one I quite agree give it a while before you do watch.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2009, 02:58 PM
I've just watched it doing the ironing and ended up drying my tears with the iron!

Lynn - I know which bit you meant about in the middle as this happened to us twice but in our case, we have never been lucky enough again, if you know what I mean.

My OH rang about 2 mins from the end to say he is on his way home from work and wondered why I was bawling down the phone!

My two fur babies have just got a big hug each and kisses all over their furry snouts!

Karen
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2009, 03:05 PM
I read the book when it first came out, about a year after I lost my childhood dog... It took me forever to finish the book.... the last few chapters anyway, I couldn't see to read! So I knew what I was in for when the movie came out... I waited to buy it so I could bawl in private... I really didn't want to be sobbing in public. but the movie was well done.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Oh I did sob my heart out at this one. I wasn't going to watch it originally, but then my OH put it on one day I was in 'not moving from the couch mode'....boy did I cry
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2009, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=Sara'n'Scout;1764405]I read the book when it first came out, about a year after I lost my childhood dog... It took me forever to finish the book.... the last few chapters anyway, I couldn't see to read!

Know what you mean Sara'n'Scout-read the book a few month ago-took me ages to finish it because once the tears started I had to keep putting it down and then keep going back to it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >