Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 11:35 PM

Blood in urine

Dusty is peeing a lot (frequency) and peeing inside too but the quantity is not much at a time, she's obviously forcing it out and it's a wee dribble (about the size of a 5p - 50p coin per pee) but then she is having normal sized pees too alongside this. However in each pee there is a wee drop of blood, not a lot it just looks like one drop per puddle so with that and the obvious need to pee all the time (even when she doesn't actually need to) i'm thinking cystitis? She is otherwise fine and not even sulky (which she usually is MEGA sulky when she is not well this lady), eating and drinking normal, behaving normal and nothing visibily wrong with her bits, so just the peeing and blood.

Will get her in at the vet tomorrow obviously and try and find something to get a pee sample in, hope she doesn't need a jab mind, that would be fun times.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Yep, Im thinking Cystitis or a urine infection too. Hope she feels better soon.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 08:03 AM
I agree, but as you say, the vet will be able to tell you quickly enough from a sample

(sorry but I'm having a wee giggle to myself picturing you following Dusty around trying to get the sample - can't imagine there is too much room between her and the ground for you to be able to slip something under to catch it in - good luck )
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Good luck, Kel. Sounds like a urine infection to me too

Hugs for Dusty x0x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yep, Im thinking Cystitis or a urine infection too. Hope she feels better soon.
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I agree, but as you say, the vet will be able to tell you quickly enough from a sample

(sorry but I'm having a wee giggle to myself picturing you following Dusty around trying to get the sample - can't imagine there is too much room between her and the ground for you to be able to slip something under to catch it in - good luck )
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Good luck, Kel. Sounds like a urine infection to me too

Hugs for Dusty x0x
Thanks guys, 10 to 3 she's in so will keep you posted, gives me plenty of time to run around behind her with a tupperware lid. Fiona you're right, there's less than a cm between her and the floor. It's great fun as she's a bit of a nervous pee-er too, she will stop and leg it, wondering what you are up to, so you have to creep up.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 11:14 AM
I hope she's okay.

On a lighter note...I think we need photos of the wee catching!!!! So much easier with a big boy
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I hope she's okay.

On a lighter note...I think we need photos of the wee catching!!!! So much easier with a big boy
Thanks A, and all boys are peasy you cheat!

You want me to ask someone to take pics of me catching Dusty's wee? And not get put in a mental asylum?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Thanks A, and all boys are peasy you cheat!

You want me to ask someone to take pics of me catching Dusty's wee? And not get put in a mental asylum?
Hey..I'd be in good company next door to you after you'd actually asked someone to take the pics...
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post

Hey..I'd be in good company next door to you after you'd actually asked someone to take the pics...
and I'd be committed way before they two of you as I've already got the pictures in my head

A bit late now, but don't they usually say the best sample is the first pee in the morning? (also slightly easier to get as they are sooo desperate to go they have to give in moving away from you).
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 12:42 PM
First time, woohoo!

You bloomin' asked for it, I must be mad.

First one of the morning was on the kitchen floor anyway Hali as she is going so often, this is the second so will have to do, better than nothing.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >