Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 09:31 PM

Cosmo's Balls...

It was snowing this morning so we wrapped up warm and headed off to the park. When we got there, we met three dogs immediately. Abeautiful young BC, a Water Spaniel and a (I kid you not) Beardie X.

The Beardie X (who shall be named Fido for the purposes of the thread), nicked young Cosmo's ball. Off he tootled. My boy...after another incident with his balls not so long ago (where the owner was bitten prizing said ball from her dog's mouth and it had a nasty go at Cosmo too...) will not go and get his ball back in these circumstances anymore, so the owner had a go.

What fun Fido had.
He kept just far enough away...then ran off...came back...ran off...she approached...ran off.
This went on for 15 minutes, as he friend was telling me that Fido is known for this behaviour and we could be a while....

In the end we did a swap, Fido kept the ball and we took a tennis ball in exchange. Cosmo was thrilled as he likes to try to eat tennis balls.

We had a lovely walk in the snow...that went on for about 2 hours. It was snowing and pretty and Cosmo was...well muddy. An hour into it we saw Fido's owners friend on her way home, who told us Fido still had the ball and the lady still couldn't catch him!

When we finally got back to the start of the walk...guess who we saw?????? Lying in exactly the same place... yep...Fido. No owner to be seen though.
We approached another owner that we know and he sadi the lady had gone home, got her husband...he'd tried to no avail and he had gone now!!!!
So...we tried with this man to catch him...not a hope.
The owner reappeared......we had, at one point, 5 people and 3 dogs trying to 'catch' Fido and Fido outfoxed us all.

In the end we had to leave as we had to be somewhere ( won't start that again)...Fido was last seen..playing with the ball, in the snow, with his owners a distance away trying to coax him to them with a squeaky toy. I swear he was laughing at them.

I have never seen such a happy dog!!!!!!!
(Well other than Cosmo who used us being distracted to his advantage and wallowed...I mean wallowed in rather a lot of mud...)
I do hope he is home and warm now.

Cosmo's balls seem to be causing a lot of trouble at the moment!!!!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 09:37 PM
blimey that is a determined dog!! there is a gsp at my training and afterwards when the dogs were having a chill out i threw yodas ball for him and the gsp got to it before him- and no-one could get it off him they could catch him but not open his mouth..so he ended up going home in the car still holding the ball!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 09:42 PM
I wondered what the thread was going to be about when I saw the heading.

Gosh that lady sounds in need of help with that dog !
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
blimey that is a determined dog!! there is a gsp at my training and afterwards when the dogs were having a chill out i threw yodas ball for him and the gsp got to it before him- and no-one could get it off him they could catch him but not open his mouth..so he ended up going home in the car still holding the ball!!
Oh no!!!!!!! I thought it was funny today though, ony because the dog was safe...had he followed them and got onto the road with his game I wouldn't have found it so amusing!!!! Some dogs are just so obsessive!!!
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I wondered what the thread was going to be about when I saw the heading.

Gosh that lady sounds in need of help with that dog !
I thought we were in need of a little light relief!

Yes...I tried to say to her hubbby that the best thing to do was to not make eye contact, approach slowly then stand still....he of course totally ignored me and started moving fast yelling 'Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidooooooooooo oooooo STAY..............'
Fido said 'bog off'

I shouldn't laugh but Fido was so funny with it!!!!!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 10:06 PM
That had me laughing.......
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
That had me laughing.......
Good. Job done!
I was laughing my head off when we were trying to catch him and the owner was telling him to stay and sit...and Fido was just doing the doggy equivalent of making a jolly rude hand sign at him. Very funny. Not sure the owner thought it was... Fido was having a blast though!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Oh no!!!!!!! I thought it was funny today though, ony because the dog was safe...had he followed them and got onto the road with his game I wouldn't have found it so amusing!!!! Some dogs are just so obsessive!!!

I thought we were in need of a little light relief!

Yes...I tried to say to her hubbby that the best thing to do was to not make eye contact, approach slowly then stand still....he of course totally ignored me and started moving fast yelling 'Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidooooooooooo oooooo STAY..............'
Fido said 'bog off'

I shouldn't laugh but Fido was so funny with it!!!!!!
Balls and light relief?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Oh bless him, you should have made HIS tennis ball look SOOOOOPER exciting, that's always my plan as I had to come up with one when I used to live at my dads as there was a dog called Jade we would see most mornings, she was a lab x and was renowned for stealing other dogs toys and mangling them. She was an older lady too, she wouldn't run off but let you get within one cm of her then bu$$er off out of arms reach. Was more frustrating her doing that like she was taunting than anything else. In the end you only wanted the toy back so she couldn't have it for teasing you the minx!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 06:29 AM
That made me laugh as Fido sounds a carbon copy of my Milo, what a great team they would make.
Thats why if Milo is going to be allowed off at any time to chase toys on his own or with other dogs he is firmly attatched to a long line first so we can just pick up the end and reel him in
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 07:10 AM
Oh dear....... did make me laugh though.

Delighted to see that Cosmo reacted like the proper young gentleman he is (apart from the mud-wallowing)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >