Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
I watched a series similiar to this years ago, one of the children from the series was found dead in her parents basement. I'm sure her parents were arrested for her murder but i cant remember the outcome. I'll have to have a look at this programme xx
I think it was jon jo bennet or similar name.

rune
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I had a go at a mum in one of our groups whose 7 year old turned up in makeup. I can`t bear it. Get a dolly if you want to play dressup, I say.
First class I taught was a reception/Y1 mix. Christmas party day rolled around - one child showed up wearing a pink fur trimmed mini-dress, pink feather boa, pink stillettoes and carrying a handbag. She'd have done the makeup as well but they got changed in-school at lunchtime so the opportunity wasn't there.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
I watched a series similiar to this years ago, one of the children from the series was found dead in her parents basement. I'm sure her parents were arrested for her murder but i cant remember the outcome. I'll have to have a look at this programme xx
Was that JonBenet Ramsey? I think her mother was a major suspect, but I think it is still unsolved.

It is such a tragic end to a short life
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 06:04 PM
I find programs like this quite disturbing really, dont like the primping or should it say pimping really of children who have no say in the matter

I like the poem below and it sums up what a childhood should be about

I hope my children look back on today and see a mother who had time to play.
children grow up whilst we are not looking, there will be years ahead for cleaning and cooking,

so quiet you cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I am rocking my baby and babies dont keep.

I just dont understand why mothers want to make their children adults before they need to be.

I detest so much of the clothing options for Lola as so much is so grown up looking and made for tiny babies, its just not nice.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2011, 03:52 PM
in fairness I have not watched the programme but I have seen what sounds similar; Thought it disturbing and just had a 'bad feeling' about it tbh. We all know little girls have make up/dress up sessions but this sort of thing is something altogether different!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Scary stuff! I have watched a couple of episode, it's a bit like "pushy and proud" only American and perhaps even more extreme!
I really don't like the 'glamour' part, disturbing to say the least, I don't like the pressure the children are under and how the parents act. Sad tv.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2