Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2010, 01:00 PM

Ipod Nano 8 bytes

Has anyone got an ipod nano, i have wanted an ipod for ages but to be honest didnt know what to do with it, now i have been told how and simply i hope i have decided to buy one and its coming tomorrow.

Are they easy to use, i was told just put in apple i tunes on my laptop and download songs from as little as 79p for a single track and £7 an album.

Do they have to be charged like a mobile phone. I have learnt more today about an ipod and my laptop than i have ever known.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I've got one. They are very easy to use, only got seven buttons (including the scroll wheel). Itunes is a bit of a bulky program, my old desktop couldn't run it (Windows XP, about 5 or 6 years old) but anything much newer than that can I expect. You can charge it through plugging it in to your laptop, or you can buy a wall charger or an ipod dock.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
I've got one. They are very easy to use, only got seven buttons (including the scroll wheel). Itunes is a bit of a bulky program, my old desktop couldn't run it (Windows XP, about 5 or 6 years old) but anything much newer than that can I expect. You can charge it through plugging it in to your laptop, or you can buy a wall charger or an ipod dock.
I really hope its easy and im so looking forward to getting it tomorrow, i got windows vista so hope thats ok for it, just printed manual of the internet and so far sounds ok to follow the instructions.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2010, 03:26 PM
So easy to use. Once itunes is installed, it practically runs itself. To put your cds on is very easy, again it does it all itself and you will learn how to use it in no time.

We have just got a new car and I can plug my ipod into the stereo so I don't have to have loads of cds in the car. If you have a cd player in your car, check if you have an aux option and you will be able to do it too,
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
So easy to use. Once itunes is installed, it practically runs itself. To put your cds on is very easy, again it does it all itself and you will learn how to use it in no time.
Can you search for a certain single that you want to download?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Yes.....singles are about 80p and you can download the album or individual tracks. You just search for the artist/track and away you go.....just remember that your i pod will be linked to the i tunes on your laptop though .....they sync together so that you can swop tracks around. think of I tunes as being the library and your i pod the shelf........very easy to use once you get started.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Hopefully i will get it tomorrow its being delivered to my dads house so i will be straight round there after work and then have a play on saturday and no doubt i will get stuck somewhere i am so useless at this sort of thing.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Got my Ipod Nano on friday been playing with it all weekend and i love it, even managed to download my own CD's now that is a big achievement for me cause i dont usually understand electronic stuff and computers.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-05-2010, 02:49 AM
I have a 30 gig white job which will also load photos and video (I haven't fathomed the video yet ). Unfortunately, my Mac laptop has too old an operating system to take the iTunes, but I have it on my G5, which wallops a whole CD on to it in minutes! I find it particularly useful when I have to go to hospital in Aberdeen, especially when, on my last trips, the nurses broke 3 CD players for me!

Snorri