View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 08:53 PM

Currys extended warranty and TV repairs.

this is the story so far with my tv......

....i bought a Samsung LCD 40' tv in May 07. in April 09 the Power Supply Unit had to be replaced as my tv kept switching on and off. the engineer came out 2 days after the call and it took him 20mins to repair it.

on 1st march '10 we called currys as the same problem was happening again. this time the tv had to go in for repair as we were told that they now had to be done in a dust free enviroment.
we were told, at first 5-10 days, then when they came to pick it up we were told 14 days.
last Friday OH phoned to check on progress, he got told 'it will take 21 days as we have a lot of work on, check your agreement'!
well i phoned on monday to clarify which dates were true.....21 days so it seems!
that leave until this sunday to get it back. if it doesnt then i can claim a new tv.

ok a new tv sounds good BUT i'm so annoyed with the crap customer service from this company and the fact the agreement states an engineer will call 2 days after the initial phone call, to fix the tv and this didnt happen.
nearly a month without a tv has driven us mad and caused a lot of boredom.

21 days, i feel is unreasonable and i'm still paying for SkyHD.

sorry rant over BUT not my annoyance of these people
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 09:03 PM
oohhh dont get me started on them! My sister had hell with her TV that was faulty.

She asked for a refund when the repair didnt work and they said they couldnt do it, she reminded them that it was her statutory right....they brought the manageress who came with two big fellas from the warehouse...a little extreme! she then proceeded to tell my sister she didnt beleive her, her tv was fine and that she should prove it....

So my sister had to get it all set up in the shop and proved her point. The woman then had the audacity to say as a good will gesture they will refund her....

The guy who sold her the warranty also point blank refused to admit he had even though his signature was all over it....

pfft!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
oohhh dont get me started on them! My sister had hell with her TV that was faulty.

She asked for a refund when the repair didnt work and they said they couldnt do it, she reminded them that it was her statutory right....they brought the manageress who came with two big fellas from the warehouse...a little extreme! she then proceeded to tell my sister she didnt beleive her, her tv was fine and that she should prove it....

So my sister had to get it all set up in the shop and proved her point. The woman then had the audacity to say as a good will gesture they will refund her....

The guy who sold her the warranty also point blank refused to admit he had even though his signature was all over it....

pfft!

the cheek of the woman and how intimidating

well if they dont sort mine out by monday then i'm going to be shouting Trading Standards and small claim courts at them

honestly customer service in this country dont know their **** from their elbows and it frustrates the hell out of me.
they should rip their scripts up and get back to keeping it straight and simple and training people correctly!

ooooooooo i could swear really bad
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 06:46 PM
well i got the tv back today at 2pm..................

.......at 5pm it was switching off and on again!

its going back in for ANOTHER repair on Friday. the 21 day rule is still running so they have to get it back to me by 21st, which is sunday.....somehow i dont think this is going to happen.

a complaint has been lodged with them.

we now have lost ALL confidence with these people now and will be taking it up with Trading Standards on Monday.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Ooooo you go girl
I would say you have got a very good case which should be fought all the way.
Good luck and keep us posted.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 07:33 PM
i think because we have chased the tv it hasnt been repaired just boxed up and returned.

i've now had to switch it off, the screen is too hot for my liking and with it going on and off every 10 seconds its doing my head in.

OH is on nights too so ive not even got him to talk to.arrrgh!!!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Try a letter to the local paper...or picket the store. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ty-laptop.html
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Try a letter to the local paper...or picket the store. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ty-laptop.html
i WILL be doing that if i get no Joy on Monday.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2010, 08:46 AM
There is little such thing as customer service these days, or that is how it appears anyhow. Goodluck getting it sorted.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 11:19 AM
I've been in touch with Consumers Direct and i have a few options......

1st. i will stick to my side of the contract, 21 days is Sunday so i will be requesting vouchers for a replacement.

2nd. They have broken contract so i can involve the FSA.

3rd. as i bought it on finance, even tho' i've paid it off, i can claim on that.

4th. write a letter,sending it special delivery, to DGSI quoting the SOGA at them as this TV is 'not fit for purpose',the repair was not completed within the contract and is deemed faulty.

I cant wait for Monday now!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >