Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone, just an update!
It's nearly 2 weeks since my 1st chemo....not been coping too well.

The first week was bad, I was very depressed, and struggled to take my tablets.
This week, the first few days were ok, I felt quite good, and i've had a day out in Clitheroe, and today my Mum took me to Southport for my lunch.

I've seen a palliative care nurse, who was absolutely lovely, and has answered a lot of my questions, and she's going to try and help me with a few issues. She's suggested I ask for my steroids to be changed to dexamethasone, as it's less tablets, and they don't cause depression like prednislone do.
She's also suggested a sryinge drive for my anti-sicknes,, instead of more tablets.

She's also signing me up to day care once a week at the local hospice, which I am looking forward to.
I will get transport there & back, get a meal, and can do whatever I want while i'm there....they do massages, have a hair dresser, have beautiful gardens.......and she says there are some ladies who are a scream, and judging by my sense of humour, we should get on.
The nurse is also going to visit me the week I have my chemo, when i'm generally at my lowest, which is nice.

She's also going to try and get me some sort of 'hypnotherapy' to help with taking my tablets, and it's such a struggle, it takes me hours - there is a lady who does it at the hospice.

I'm at hospital tomorrow for review - they check bloods, ask questions, I can ask questions etc, and sometimes they do an x-ray to check things.

I also think my hair is starting to fall out.....had a few clumps today, but nothing major....oh well.
One more week till next chemo....great
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Hevvur,you sound really positive and the day out at the hospice sounds great.As for the hair my friend had hers cut really short then went wig shopping with her hairdresser to find one very like her own hair. Her hairdresser then cut it the same her own hairstyle! It really did take a bit of guessing as to whether it was awig!

sending some hugs to keep you on the up!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 08:56 PM
I do try to be positive, but still get down sometimes......the past few days have been bad....just bursting out crying for no reason!

I got a wig last time, but never worse it........I prefer to be 'natural' lol
Still got it actually, it's a beautiful wig, but I would feel too self concious with it!
Already had 5" cut off my hair, so when it starts to thin it doesn't look so bad lol

Thanks for the hugs
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Hevvur - you are amazing.
I am sure it will be good to meet up with others who can really know what you are going through and relate to all the different emotions - I am sure that will be really good for you and for them.
Sending you lots of hugs and good wishes.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Aw Hevvur, you are doing great, girl! Keep your chin up and ride through it.

Big hugs from me and Loki.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 06:04 AM
I think you're incredibly brave, Hev, and I'm sure some time out with others at the hospice will help you feel that you are not alone.

Big hugs, darling x0x0x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 06:42 AM
Huge hugs to you honey *hugs*
Hope the hypnotherapy works for you - and you enjoy all the treatments on offer on your day at the hospice! xx
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Sounds like the nurse was a good move Hev!

Can I come to the hospice too? Could do with a day of treatments and relaxation!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 10:33 AM
The day care sounds brilliant, all those treats! Big Hugs to you.
Becky
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Think the doc was annoyed with all my questions today

I've got the prednislone changed to Dexamethasone - which is less tablets, and also will *hopefully* not make me as depressed.

I'm allowed a massage when I go to the hospice

I also asked for a central or picc line, and i'm allowed a PICC line, and am going for it to be fitted on Thursday morning, which means Steve and I can still go to Alton Towers on Wednesday
Page 20 of 70 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 > Last »