View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Cool. Thanks. I will bear that in mind for next time.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Do you know what triggers them? My last GSD used to get these through food, cat flea and pollen allergies. The vet kept saying it was fleas but I knew it wasn`t and finally found a food (Burns) that kept it under control.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:49 PM
He does have a flea allergy, but I don't think that triggers them? this is the third one he has had in his life (6 years). It literally just appeared yesterday. I popped out for a couple of hours to Uni in the morning and it was there. Gross things!
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2009, 07:07 AM
No one really knows what causes them but the thought is they generally happen when they get an itch for some reason and scratch. In scratching it they break the skin and an infection sets in. My sisters lab used to get them and when she started giving her Evening Primrose oil she stopped getting them. Her problem was that he skin was quite dry and therefore itchy.

If he has a flea allergy then that could well be the cause, if they have an allergy they only need one flea bite to make them intensely itchy
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2