Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 09:50 AM

Show

You write about all the shows you attempt, and itīs fun to read.

But Iīve never been to one. And if I want Ally to have pups some day I have to attempt one
Not to pleased about that, but will do it if the working tests and HD and AA tests are fine.

Now, is it possible that some of you experts could show a couple of pic and maybe tell how these shows go?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 10:37 AM
It depends on the breed as to what happens at a show Amts

Some dogs are stacked on the table, some presented head on to the judge, some side on, some run round the ring, some walk

There are some pics in this section (on various threads) of dogs in the ring - mainly staffys though i think

In our breed we will all line up and then present our dog to the judge - set the feet etc. Then one by one the dog will be presented before the judge individually and the judge will *go over* the dog looking at teeth, ears, eyes, tail, stance etc. Then you are required to walk up and down the ring twice before returning to the judge and then go back to the line up. Once everyone has shown their dog to the judge the dog is again stood in the final line up and the judge chooses the pl;aces ( from 1 to 5)
Does that make sense? Ive confused myself now
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Thanks Lel :smt023
It does make sense..even to me

But about the walk; how fast are you going? Are you suppose to run or just walk? Maybe walk a bit fast?

When you set the feet (i suppose its the dogs?? ) are they going to stand with their back legs a bit "out"/back??
Hmmm.. hard to explain :smt017

I was interested in showing the larger dogs. As Ally being a lab I donīt expect to have to put her on any table. Allthough Iīm sure she would love to be above all others

I know that they have classes I can attempt in DK about this subject, but it could be fun to hear your experiences and see pics of your showing.
Some of you might even have a few tips the classes wont teach you
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 12:06 PM
It depends on the breed to be honest- with staffies you need to walk at a quick pace to get a good walk out of them but some breeds will run around in a circle
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Here's some photo's of some Staffies in the ring.

[img][680:800]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/toesy/cody2.jpg[/img]

Sorry I've got none on the move.

Mitch
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 04:17 PM
You need to go at a pace where your dog 'trots' along next to you.
I believe labs are free stood...ie you stand in front of your dog and get him to look at you... his feet should make a square/oblong shape on the floor.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Showing in Europe may be a bit different to showing in the UK, have if I can find in my chaotic filing system pictures of Labs being shown if I can find I will put a couple up for you. Labs are shown side on to the judge and more or less free stood but I have seen some adjustment being done.

Your best plan may be to try and get to a couple of shows on your own and just stand and watch what happens in the ring when Labs are being shown and talk to a few people, with luck someone will take you under their wing, if you understand that saying.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Jackie
have PM'd you
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Nikki, it's not arrived
Archer