Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2017, 08:05 AM

Daiy Thread, Wednesday, 15th November

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all in fine fettle. I hope your chemo does not upset you too much today Griff, take care.

Lynn, any further news on Gill and/or her stair lift? It would make such a difference for her. I hope our Dillon is ok.

It would be good to see June back, I hope her and the girls are ok.

Norma, Jenny, Sue and Barry, trust all is ok in your camps and Brenda, Kazz and Mandy too.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2017, 08:46 AM
Morning Moyra and and all to follow.

No idea about the stair lift at the moment Moyra very inconvenient not having the phone and mobile signal being virtually non existent. I did manage to get a text through to Gill yesterday while I was down the end of the garden but nothing back from her.
So assuming still no stair lift as I am sure she would of text and it would of eventually got through.

griff hope the chemo goes well today although knowing what Gill went through each time I know it won't be pleasant for a few days.
Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2017, 09:57 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Hope the next text you get from Gill will be the news that she has a stairlift.

Congratulations to Liam and Sarah on their engagement Mandy.

Hope you dont feel too bad today Griff.

Hope everyone is keeping well

Dull and damp first thing but has brightened a bit now. Nothing planned today as waiting for parcels to be delivered and one to be collected. Am in charge of neighbour's dog today as well to both he and Teazle have had they first walk.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2017, 03:51 PM
Very quiet on here this afternoon. Take care all.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Yes. Quiet.
We, all three of us, have been out and about most of the day. Supermarket, surgery, pharmacy, and convenience store.

A tail from this last one.

Max gets tied to the bicycle rail. He's fine with that too - he knows the score.
When I came out there was a young lad giving him a cuddle. I have read that cuddling a dog can engender fear in them and spark aggression because it may think it's being strangled.

Anyway:
"Are you trying to steal my dog?" I jested.
"No, I would never steal Max."

Gave me a bit of a warm feeling. But there's more.
On the way home, Max bumped into or maybe slightly nudged an elderly lady.
I apologised of course.
"It was my fault for standing in the middle of the path. He is such a lovely dog and my grandchildren all adore him, especially Amy, the three year old."

We took a risk and got lucky. Really lucky.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2017, 06:50 PM
Hello all
Thank you to everyone for the good wishes for a Liam & Sarah
Been at work all day today, now I've broke up for the week
Besoeker what a lovely story regarding Max, seems everyone knows how lovely he is, I think it's not just You that's lucky but Max too.
Sue hope you've had a good day with the neighbours dog & Teazle
Griff hope your chemo day has gone well
Moyra Lynn, Kazz & everyone else hope you've had a good day
Going to make a sausage casserole for Tony for when he gets in from work
Be back later
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-11-2017, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Hello all

Besoeker what a lovely story regarding Max, seems everyone knows how lovely he is, I think it's not just You that's lucky but Max too.
Thank you Mandy. Very kind words. The rescue centre we got him from made a similar comment. Yes, a two way street.

I know I've said this before but what really pleases me is that he makes people smile. He is a good looking dog without a doubt but, most of all, his demeanour. The eye contact, that demented rudder of a tail, and his posture. With small children and those in wheel chairs he sits or lies down, I guess to be on their level. Yes, he is the ultimate charmer. And a poser!