Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Evening everyone
Rosie is not happy again, she's hiding.
I've been to see my brother & sis in law today as my niece is 6 today took her her pressie and then they were going for dinner & invited me to go with them. Had a lovely afternoon.
Came home before the fireworks started round here, I like to be home even though I know Tony & Lauryn are home
Thank you for the well wishes for Rosie, be glad when this time is done then only new year to get through

Glad Max is calm
Griff hope you ok, and are feeling calmer
Lynn if BT try to charge you argue the point cos it does not sound like your problem, esp if you've checked the line. They once tried to tell me that we had a problem turns out it was there box that was the problem.
Poor Rosie............it i stressful. Sounds like a lovely afternoon my niece's borthday today too she is 25 where have the years gone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Can I ask were you given these melatonin tablets by your vet? Some melatonin tablets contain zylitol which is poisonous to dogs.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Lol Kazz....i really could do with a few pints
Awww Mandy, how lovely of your family
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2017, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Glad something is helpoing him remain calm.

My neighbours dog has also had a matatonin tablet this evening and is not stressed so something in them maybe as she was quite "bothered" last night apparently but they are bad this weekend. She is not normally fussed.
Thank you Kazz. He just seems to be his normal self.
Maybe he needs a kick in the ribs.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2017, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Can I ask were you given these melatonin tablets by your vet? Some melatonin tablets contain zylitol which is poisonous to dogs.
Yeap Val got hers rom the vet today, as Poppy her little crossbreed was very upset last night and Val could not calm her at all. Poppy has been a bit bothered previously but not to this extent but they have had a lot going on of late as Val's hubby passed away 8 weekes ago as well and they lost their older dog 7 weeks ago so lots of changes.

But they have been bad last night and tonight.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Max, being Max, tolerated it then put some manners on the little thing. No violence, no barking. He didn't even get up. Just that intense steely stare that collies do.
They can communicate it's just that us dumb humans don't speak their lingo They have their heirachy and with one exception I do believe one dog will not aim to inflict injury on another. Maybe get their jaws around the 'junior' but that is not the same thing.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-11-2017, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Hope everyone is o.k, dogs are driving me nuts...parents driving me nuts and brother rung today too need not say more
Oh gosh Griffy. sounds like you need to lock yourself in a soundproof room with a few bevvies and watch a good film

Casey drove me nuts yesterday, the routine is I get him & Lara in the car, shut the door, and then get my boots and jacket on, but yesterday I forgot to shut the door, next thing he is back out of the car and barking at the front door complaining that I am taking to long to get togged up
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-11-2017, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
But they have been bad last night and tonight.
I feel for you and your friend and I'm thankful that we've had none tonight and last night was only really the official village do which was almost a mile away and anyway it finished at about 7:30 pm

I tend to bore people with this but I do believe it's got something to do with what they can see (and smell) and what they can't see (or smell), so loud bangs and strange smells that seem to come from beyond their normal comfort range worry them. Baruska would face up to any perceived threat if she could see it but went to pieces with fireworks and thunder.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2