Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2017, 07:41 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 26th October

Good morning all, Hope you are all well and in fine fettle.

Harvey, sorry to hear that poor Lara is still suffering with her neck problem. I suppose there is not a lot more you can do to ease it.

I was up before he could say anything to me this morning. Amber has had her breakfast of cooked chicken and he thankfully has gone to work to give me a day of peace.

Griff, hope you are feeling better today. Take care all, have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2017, 08:54 AM
Good morning Moyra and all wo follow

Have a nice quiet day Moyra doing what you want.

Sorry Lara is still uncomfortable Harvey hopefully it will soon be better.

Hope all are keeping well

Dull and damp here so nothing planned.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2017, 09:11 AM
Moyra, just do as you please, tell him to pull his head in and if he doesn't like what you are doing...point him to the door, tell him to pack his crap and go
Harvey, awesome news about the pizza.So sorry to hear about Lara's neck
morning Sue, hope you have a good day
Off to meet my cousin today...yay, first time in about a month
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Hello all
Losos sorry to hear that Lara's knock still bothering her. Glad you enjoyed the pizzas, they are nice
Enjoy your day of peace Moyra
Griff have a good day with your cousin
Sue have a good day doing nothing

I went for a blood test yesterday cos my Physio thinks I'm too pasty & thinks my iron could be too low.
Going to tidy round a bit before work
Be back later
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2017, 07:10 PM
Quiet around here. We live in a cul-de-sac with a school at the end. It's half term so no traffic for that and no school kids screaming. Peace..........but it won't last.

Two little grand girls coming for the weekend. It's not often we get them especially that they are now both in school 100 miles away.

But, evidently they love coming here with grumpy old grand dad, my lovely wife, and that fuzzy monstrosity!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2017, 07:39 PM
Good evening folks, just a line or two to help bulk out the daily thread, heaven knows it seems to need it today!
Seems that June has been AWOL for quite some time now - I do hope she is well and that the girls are doing OK. Fate seems to have conspired to give her more than her fair share of misery, sometimes things can be very hard to bear. Should you read this June, chin up old girl, my sincere best wishes go out to you and yours. I have no overused platitudes to offer but feel sure that things will quite rightly turn a corner for you soon.
Griff - short of iron? Bin the lager and have a go at a few pints of Guinness - it may not be to your liking - but I'm assured it is good for you (brings to mind an old 1960's advertising slogan).
Moyra - you should ditch that ingrate of an excuse for a son. He's a chancer and a bully - needs a blerdy good hiding that one! Never mind that unconditional love rubbish! Send him on his way so that you and Amber can have some peace and the chance of some of the joy that later life is meant to bring.
Brenda - your return journey from the land of my forebears sounds like one that you'd have no wish to repeat. That said, it does sound as if you had a decent time of it, as did Tyto, I'm sure. There was of course the bonus of meeting up with Norma, who has always sounded like a lovely lady to me. I feel certain that you had a lovely chat and set the world to rights! lol !
Oh goodness! They do say that there's no fool like an old fool. I've just read back and realised it's Mandy who needs the Guinness not Griff. Sorry for the mix up girls - it is just that it's so easy to confuse two such similar beauties as yourselves (how's that for a bit of grovelling).
Sorry to hear that both Besoeker and more recently Kazz have been having health troubles, best wishes to both of you for a speedy continuance of your recoveries.
Whilst I'm on the subject of health - perhaps Sue could get her dear hubby some sort of help or counselling to help him deal with his less than healthy obsession with gutters, leaves, acorns et al! I am though the first to admit that in the long term it could lead to fiscal saving (a thing that I'm much in favour of!) Perhaps if Barry were to take up golf then he could use a seven iron to loft those acorns onto adjoining properties thus saving the cost of petroleum used for tip journeys and at the same time giving him good sporting exercise???
I,ve rambled quietly through one or two of the most recent postings - if I have missed anyone out it is quite accidental.
Have to say though that I do hope Lara's neck trouble gets sorted sooner rather than later, Harvey, it seems to be lingering a touch to long.
Currently I am a grass widower as the Mem left this morning for a short stay in Wales (she'll be back on sunday). Therefore it behoves me to try to get into some sort of trouble in her absence. Don't particularly feel like doing so but one feels it to be some sort of duty!!!
My pack of itinerant dingoes are all in good health and the exercising of them keeps me mobile at least. My personal status as regards health is not particularly impressive at the moment, I'm still waiting for various bits of surgery which must be completed before they can carry out the kidney transplant but these cannot be done as I have venous ulcers and these have to heal before any surgery can commence. Seems a bit like going round in circles to be honest - if it wasn't for the Mem's insistence I'd tell them all to go hang - and see how long I could spin things out under my own steam. I have done my three score years and ten so have fulfilled my biblical obligations and do tend to view any further assaults on Anno Domini as being surplus to requirements.
Hope this missive has not been too boring as it is a tad overlong, my very best wishes to all (2&4) take care and as usual, bye fer now.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Gordon mac
Golf is the last thing I want to take up. When we had the kennels next door was a golf range and on our side of the clubhouse was a pitch and putt with one hole direct in line with our house. I have been hit , while in my back garden, with a golf ball in the head and Sue has been hit as well. We had one damaged widow frame and countless golf balls coming onto our property . The club owner didn't give a damn not even to remove that particular hole or do away with it. Between us was a public footpath and by law he should have put up netting. When I approached him on the subject he said it would cost too much

Golf in my opinion should be banned completely or played with ping pong balls.

When I worked for BT I had to do work in the RAC golf club back of Epsom downs. Never been there before so i walked into the main entrance hall and no one about. Looking through a framed glass door I saw a waiter/barman in a monkey suit in this room. So i went in and up to him to ask who I should see about the work required.
This toffee nosed pratt said " Get out this is a members only bar" in a very angry voice. Never bothered to ask who I was.
Not wanting to cause trouble I said "Sorry but I was going to ask who I should see about work required. But as you told me to go would you please tell the club manager that the BT engineer turned up to carry out work required and you ordered him to go away"

So I walked out and left. No jumped up snob is going to talk to me like that . Some people think they are far above the only miserly station of work they can get.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Good evening folks, just a line or two to help bulk out the daily thread, heaven knows it seems to need it today!
Seems that June has been AWOL for quite some time now - I do hope she is well and that the girls are doing OK. Fate seems to have conspired to give her more than her fair share of misery, sometimes things can be very hard to bear. Should you read this June, chin up old girl, my sincere best wishes go out to you and yours. I have no overused platitudes to offer but feel sure that things will quite rightly turn a corner for you soon.
Griff - short of iron? Bin the lager and have a go at a few pints of Guinness - it may not be to your liking - but I'm assured it is good for you (brings to mind an old 1960's advertising slogan).
Moyra - you should ditch that ingrate of an excuse for a son. He's a chancer and a bully - needs a blerdy good hiding that one! Never mind that unconditional love rubbish! Send him on his way so that you and Amber can have some peace and the chance of some of the joy that later life is meant to bring.
Brenda - your return journey from the land of my forebears sounds like one that you'd have no wish to repeat. That said, it does sound as if you had a decent time of it, as did Tyto, I'm sure. There was of course the bonus of meeting up with Norma, who has always sounded like a lovely lady to me. I feel certain that you had a lovely chat and set the world to rights! lol !
Oh goodness! They do say that there's no fool like an old fool. I've just read back and realised it's Mandy who needs the Guinness not Griff. Sorry for the mix up girls - it is just that it's so easy to confuse two such similar beauties as yourselves (how's that for a bit of grovelling).
Sorry to hear that both Besoeker and more recently Kazz have been having health troubles, best wishes to both of you for a speedy continuance of your recoveries.
Whilst I'm on the subject of health - perhaps Sue could get her dear hubby some sort of help or counselling to help him deal with his less than healthy obsession with gutters, leaves, acorns et al! I am though the first to admit that in the long term it could lead to fiscal saving (a thing that I'm much in favour of!) Perhaps if Barry were to take up golf then he could use a seven iron to loft those acorns onto adjoining properties thus saving the cost of petroleum used for tip journeys and at the same time giving him good sporting exercise???
I,ve rambled quietly through one or two of the most recent postings - if I have missed anyone out it is quite accidental.
Have to say though that I do hope Lara's neck trouble gets sorted sooner rather than later, Harvey, it seems to be lingering a touch to long.
Currently I am a grass widower as the Mem left this morning for a short stay in Wales (she'll be back on sunday). Therefore it behoves me to try to get into some sort of trouble in her absence. Don't particularly feel like doing so but one feels it to be some sort of duty!!!
My pack of itinerant dingoes are all in good health and the exercising of them keeps me mobile at least. My personal status as regards health is not particularly impressive at the moment, I'm still waiting for various bits of surgery which must be completed before they can carry out the kidney transplant but these cannot be done as I have venous ulcers and these have to heal before any surgery can commence. Seems a bit like going round in circles to be honest - if it wasn't for the Mem's insistence I'd tell them all to go hang - and see how long I could spin things out under my own steam. I have done my three score years and ten so have fulfilled my biblical obligations and do tend to view any further assaults on Anno Domini as being surplus to requirements.
Hope this missive has not been too boring as it is a tad overlong, my very best wishes to all (2&4) take care and as usual, bye fer now.
A few paragraph breaks would have made it easier to read. A solid wall of text.........'nuff said.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2017, 08:17 PM
Golf:
Once described as "A good walk spoiled" I believe, by someone much wittier than I.
I played it only once - some 50 years or so ago - that was enough for me.
Tweed - seems to me you had some reasonable grounds for redress via the courts of law for your quite undeserved suffering.
I have found throughout my life that those who play that particularly pointless game are of a type with whom I am loathe to mix. Life is far too short!!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2017, 08:18 PM
Hi Gordon, how lovely to hear from you and read your post. Yep enjoyed my short break in Scotland. I love it up there. Must be because I am related to some of the wee scottish folk. June is ok just coming to terms with her loss as she had the ashes back last week. Hope you get sorted soon with your health problems. Would love to see you back more often. Well I am away to my bed because there is nothing on worth watching. All repeats so a good book beckons. Keep posting Gordon. Take care.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >