Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2010, 08:38 AM
The Police can't win can they ?
If they had shot him there'd be uproar with people saying he was mentally ill. not in his right mind, scared or whatever.
If they'd not sent in armed police they'd be said to be doing nothing, risking the public etc, etc.

Maybe the food sent in had been laced with sedative ??? If they hadn't sent food in there'd be those who started spouting human rights acts & demanding the police be bought to book.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Well he shot himself........it makes you wonder what snaps in someones head that makes them shoot other people then themselves. Something must unplug in their circuitury....................

I totaly agree with the police being careful, and keeping the situation calm....talking to him etc. I would not want to live in a Country where as soon as they found him they shot him dead..."the dead don't talk" so I think this was the right way if he was not at that moment a danger to others, keeping him contained was right I think.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
me too - I saw they also sent in food (possibly not courtesy of Gazza!!) That really annoyed me!
The guy needs food & drink - lets send out for maccie d's shall we, then we can all stand around waiting for a bit longer at the tax payers expense - probably something to do with basic human rights malarky!
Glad it's all over & no more innocent lives lost.

I wonder if he has family - he must be someone's son & that is sad for them.
Oh yes he did, his mother said he was ''better off dead'' He also has young children who have to face the sad reality what he did then decided to kill himself.

Press have also indicted that he was abused as a child, but couldn't release that information because of the threat to the public if it came out.

I find it all very sad, even for him, everyone involved in this has been failed on so many levels, him included.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I agree M but I wonder just how much that little exercise cost
I'm afraid I feel the police should have just taken him out when they first found him. He had killed one and injured 2 ffs.
It would never have happened in the states.
I actually don't think the cost is relevant here. The fact it came to a conclusion without any loss of police or innocent lives is good enough for me.

The police cannot just shoot someone, no matter what that person has previously done They (the police) can only shoot if they are being directly threatened or if a member of the public is threatened. I don't disagree with this, and feel if the police had just shot him they would now be being hauled over the coals for doing so, and the officer who had taken that shot would be suspended, may be prosecuted and could even serve a jail sentence. Crazy, but true.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 11:52 AM
The police are already facing criticism for not finding him sooner!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Well I think the police did a great job - we can be proud of them and be very thankful we don't live in a backwards country where they shoot first and ask questions later!!!!
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Well I think the police did a great job - we can be proud of them and be very thankful we don't live in a backwards country where they shoot first and ask questions later!!!!

I also think they did a great job where trying to convince him not to kill himself was concerned - I think it's important to remember they didn't want to shoot him, they wanted to bring him to justice - and rightly so.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Oh yes he did, his mother said he was ''better off dead'' :evil: He also has young children who have to face the sad reality what he did then decided to kill himself.

Press have also indicted that he was abused as a child, but couldn't release that information because of the threat to the public if it came out.

I find it all very sad, even for him, everyone involved in this has been failed on so many levels, him included.
and nobody knows him better than his own mother!!!

I only feel sorry for the innocent policeman doing his job, the innocent new boyfriend of the ex-girlfriend and the innocent ex-girlfriend, I have no sympathy for this man, he took innocent lives and he's paid the consequences, but even that's not enough!

I know plenty of people who were abused as children, me included, but they don't go around taking drugs and shooting innocent peops!
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
and nobody knows him better than his own mother!!!

I only feel sorry for the innocent policeman doing his job, the innocent new boyfriend of the ex-girlfriend and the innocent ex-girlfriend, I have no sympathy for this man, he took innocent lives and he's paid the consequences, but even that's not enough!

I know plenty of people who were abused as children, me included, but they don't go around taking drugs and shooting innocent peops!
His mother said he hadn't been her son since he was 19 I doubt he had much of a home life, I'm sure it will all come out in the wash. You are supposed to love your kids unconditionally no matter what, her words are unbelievable - yes he's a murderer - but surely he didn't deserve that.

He did have family that loved him thank god and wanted to see an end to all this.

We lock up murdering peodophiles like Ian Huntley, yet everyone I know wanted to see this man dead? Why? He deserved to spend a long time in prison just like Ian Huntley has that privildge.

The police apparently shot him with a stun gun, did they fire it afterwards, or before? The shot from that stun gun could have made him accidently shoot himself.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Oh yes he did, his mother said he was ''better off dead'' He also has young children who have to face the sad reality what he did then decided to kill himself.

I agree Nicci. He kept going on about how he wasnt a coward - well for me anyone that takes their own life is a coward - Its an easy way out, he should have lived with what he done for the rest of his life.
Police did great, in the dark in such horrid weather, they held it together well.
I sat up till 4 watching it on sky news These types of stories always grip me - but such a sad ending for all.
Page 7 of 23 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »