Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 06:28 AM

Morning Dogsey folk - Tuesday!

Morning all,

Had quite a busy day yesterday, and thanks to a report that needed running, I was even a bit late leaving.

The problem is that now I’ll have one of those dreaded “quiet” days.

Still, I must be careful what I wish for, eh?

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. — Joseph Addison
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Morning Vicki and all

Busy day for me, working all day and then straight out after for a meal with my work colleagues, two are leaving this week.
I feel tired already so don't know how that will work out!

Have a great day everybody.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 06:45 AM
Good morning Vicki and all who follow.

Had a lovely walk yesterday. Nice and quiet, not too cold and met some nice people and their dogs.

Rosie is doing very well on the lead and has been for a few weeks now. Her major problem was wanting to fuss anyone and everyone so pulling out as people approached, but we are 90% there now with it. The other 10% is because some people just get all fussy from 10 yards away and no matter how much 'please be calm' I give it, I'm ignored . I'm still very chuffed with progress though.

We had our first 'clean' day yesterday. Hope I've not put a jinx on it, but house training does seem to be finally 'clicking' and she's managing her 'urge' to go much better now - thankfully. Can't wait to get rid of all the bits of carpet that are down everywhere to save my new carpets underneath.

Going on the search for a nice Mothers' Day card today that doesn't require a second mortgage to buy. Had a look in town yesterday, but the prices were ridiculous so I'll try a couple of my favourite out of town shops today. Don't get me wrong, me mam's worth it, but I'm not a big card fan so object to paying through the nose for them, preferring to spend that extra saving on a nicer pressie. I still want a card that looks nice though.

Ah well, coffee and ciggie (well electric ciggie) time.

Whatever you're doing, enjoy and be safe!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 06:47 AM
Morning Vicki, Gerry, Chris and all

I think you thrive on hard work Vicki, and there I was feeling so sorry for you when you got snowed under, unaware that you actually loved it! Not many like you around is there, not wonder you're a little gem to them!

Hope you make it to the end today without falling asleep there Gerry!

I was up very early, courtesy of the birdies, but I've got to get into practice for when those clocks go back anyway. I'm soooooo excited, it's untrue, so couldn't sleep, waiting on a phone call from the agent this morning about our last offer put forward, but I'm sure it will be ok, it felt right when chatting with the agent.

More cleaning for me today after our walk, then I'm rushing off to the hairdressers for a much needed haircut, I'm having the whole lot off at the back, stacked short with the long sides I've now finally grown back, I just hope he listens when we have our consultation, coz they don't always do they!!!!

That's me for today then, enjoy yours
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Vicki and all

Busy day for me, working all day and then straight out after for a meal with my work colleagues, two are leaving this week.
I feel tired already so don't know how that will work out!

Have a great day everybody.
Morning Gerri

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning Vicki and all who follow.

Had a lovely walk yesterday. Nice and quiet, not too cold and met some nice people and their dogs.

Rosie is doing very well on the lead and has been for a few weeks now. Her major problem was wanting to fuss anyone and everyone so pulling out as people approached, but we are 90% there now with it. The other 10% is because some people just get all fussy from 10 yards away and no matter how much 'please be calm' I give it, I'm ignored . I'm still very chuffed with progress though.

We had our first 'clean' day yesterday. Hope I've not put a jinx on it, but house training does seem to be finally 'clicking' and she's managing her 'urge' to go much better now - thankfully. Can't wait to get rid of all the bits of carpet that are down everywhere to save my new carpets underneath.

Going on the search for a nice Mothers' Day card today that doesn't require a second mortgage to buy. Had a look in town yesterday, but the prices were ridiculous so I'll try a couple of my favourite out of town shops today. Don't get me wrong, me mam's worth it, but I'm not a big card fan so object to paying through the nose for them, preferring to spend that extra saving on a nicer pressie. I still want a card that looks nice though.

Ah well, coffee and ciggie (well electric ciggie) time.

Whatever you're doing, enjoy and be safe!
Morning Chris

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Vicki, Gerry, Chris and all

I think you thrive on hard work Vicki, and there I was feeling so sorry for you when you got snowed under, unaware that you actually loved it! Not many like you around is there, not wonder you're a little gem to them!

Hope you make it to the end today without falling asleep there Gerry!

I was up very early, courtesy of the birdies, but I've got to get into practice for when those clocks go back anyway. I'm soooooo excited, it's untrue, so couldn't sleep, waiting on a phone call from the agent this morning about our last offer put forward, but I'm sure it will be ok, it felt right when chatting with the agent.

More cleaning for me today after our walk, then I'm rushing off to the hairdressers for a much needed haircut, I'm having the whole lot off at the back, stacked short with the long sides I've now finally grown back, I just hope he listens when we have our consultation, coz they don't always do they!!!!

That's me for today then, enjoy yours
Morning Aitch
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

I hope today doesn't drag Vicki.

I hope you manage to stay awake Gerri and enjoy your evening.

Well done Rosie.

Everything crossed Helena.

Love the gem today and have a good day all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-02-2012, 08:32 AM
'morning Vicki and all above

It's really dull today, foggy, damp, lot of low clouds, but at least the temperature is above zero

I did like that 'gem' today it's one I greatly believe in.

Hope you all have a good day.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-02-2012, 09:17 AM

Morning Vicki, morning all. It is blowing like crazy outside, wheelie bins [the very large ones] flying down the road, and the noise is horrendous! I had to get Pereg in and close the door as I was getting mouthfuls of dust and sand, it has covered this table and is even blowing in through the window screens.

I finally remembered to put my clippers on charge and cropped my hair yesterday, so feeling extremely light-headed now, and a lot more comfortable.

Everything crossed for you Nechda xx

Have a good day everyone and enjoy whatever you are doing.

Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Morning all

Hope today's going quickly and smoothly for you at work

Happy Tuesday all xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all.

I hope today doesn't drag Vicki.

I hope you manage to stay awake Gerri and enjoy your evening.

Well done Rosie.

Everything crossed Helena.

Love the gem today and have a good day all.
Afternoon Lynn

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning Vicki and all above

It's really dull today, foggy, damp, lot of low clouds, but at least the temperature is above zero

I did like that 'gem' today it's one I greatly believe in.

Hope you all have a good day.
Afternoon Harvey

Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Morning Vicki, morning all. It is blowing like crazy outside, wheelie bins [the very large ones] flying down the road, and the noise is horrendous! I had to get Pereg in and close the door as I was getting mouthfuls of dust and sand, it has covered this table and is even blowing in through the window screens.

I finally remembered to put my clippers on charge and cropped my hair yesterday, so feeling extremely light-headed now, and a lot more comfortable.

Everything crossed for you Nechda xx

Have a good day everyone and enjoy whatever you are doing.

Afternoon Malka

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Morning all

Hope today's going quickly and smoothly for you at work

Happy Tuesday all xx
Afternoon Lou